Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)

Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Happy Bird" ~ Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge

Hello All!
It is the first of the month which means it is time for another Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge!
This time the challenge is to use flowers and ribbon.
We are teaming up with a co-sponsor for this one! AI Factory is throwing in some goodies to go with the gift certificate that Bonnie always gives!


For my card, I used an image from AIF that was illustrated by my friend Laurie Wilson. He is a freebie digi called "Happy Bird". Isn't he just the cutest?
I colored him with Tombow markers on watercolor paper. I then gave him some sparkle and shine with Ranger Stickles and JudiKins Diamond Glaze.


The beautiful light blue organza is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The pretty flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.



I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly ~ Just One
I used "just one" bow
Cupcake Craft ~ Let's Get Digital!
The Pink Elephant ~ Mostly White
Wild Orchid Craft ~ Make It Sparkle
Stampin' For The Weekend ~ Anything Goes
All Sorts ~ Park Inspiration
Happy birds and flowers are my favorite thing about parks!
Bee Crafty ~ Anything Goes
Gingersnap Creations ~ Paint
I water colored with Tombows
Pixie Dust Studio ~ Stitch It Up
Lexi's Creations ~ Emboss It
CES Challenges ~ Anything Goes
Stamps R Us ~ Stitching
Christmas Stampin' ~ Anything But Christmas
Polly Craft ~ Add a Little Nature

I would like some honest feedback on what you all think about the black background in my photos.
Is it a distraction or do you like it?


Thanks again for dropping by!
I hope you will all come join us in the "Flower and Ribbon" challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings!
Tell 'em True :D sent ya!  ;)


If you missed my EXCITING NEWS last week, CLICK HERE!


Hugs and happy crafting!
True :D

24 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous image! Love the sparkle you have added! Hugs Juls

Celeste said...

Very beautiful card... I do not think the black background is distracting...It makes the card pop... I always use black behind my cards....

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi True,

What a lovely and happy bird!! Makes me smile!! It's fun and you've made a very pretty card with it! I don't find the black background in the photo distracting at all! In fact, it puts all attention to the card, in my opinion. I must admit that with the text parts I find it more difficult, because the colored text is then more 'busy to the eyes'. Don't really know how to say it... hope you understand wht I mean...
Loooove the card!

Hugs, Wendy

Julye said...

Love the card Tru and that bird is so cute, don't mind the background , truth be known I had to go back and look see what colour it was as I truely just looked at the card.hope this helps.

Yvonne said...

Fabulous. Love all the detail and the colours.

Yvonne said...

I think the black background makes the card stand out... a great idea.

craft-princess said...

I LOVE this card!! Great image! I was actually going to ask you how you did the black background before I even read you wanted feedback on it...LOL! So how did you do it?? I think it really makes the card stand out!

True :) said...

craft-princess,
I just curled a piece of black poster board under the card and up on the wall behind it then pointed a daylight lamp on it. Doesn't get easier than that!

Celeste B. said...

How cute! I like the black background, I think it makes the card really pop out. :)

.:♥MMDesigns♥:. said...

Awesome card!!! I love the flowers and ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
Hugs, Marit.

ps. the black photo background is awesome!!! ;)

Karen Howard said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! What lovely details and a great image! Hugs, Karen

P.S. Do you love challenges?
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Have been watching for the winner to be named for blog candy posted Aug 13 on the Really Reasonable Ribbon's blog hop. Was to announce on Aug 31. Love the card and all the details. Black background is good behind the photos but I do have a problem reading some of the many multi color text on black. May be an age thing for me.

Mummylade said...

This is just lovely! Thank you so much for joining the SFTW challenge this fortnight and good luck!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card True :-) I love this image ,, sooo cute !! Your colouring and the sparkle have just brought him to life and I LOVE the ribbon and flowers ,,, gorgeous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Laura said...

WOW! Im so happy to have join us at stamps r us.I went through your blog.And all I can say is stunning cards.Every single one of them.

Sue said...

Hi true
oh wow what a totally stunning card, awesome colour work, gorgeous design & embelies,thank you for joining us at CES first challenge, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Alissa said...

GORGEOUS card, Trudy! There are so many details nice clean lines. Perfection!

Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi True, what a stunning card. I love the cute birdie image and your subtle colouring is awesome. The glitter and diamond glaze is a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
ps I think the black background makes your card "pop".

Gingersnap Stampers said...

This is so pretty and I love all the sparkle! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations paint challenge. Your black b/ground looks great by the way.

Emma said...

Wow such a gorgeous card, I love the image and such beautiful details.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges, hope to see you again this week.
Hugs Emma x

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous True, that image is so cute & I love the sparkle :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Darling card!! Love the flowers, stitching & touch of sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant
Sheri-TPE DT

Kim said...

True this is gorgeous! What a lovely card and your use of sparkle is GREAT! Love it!!! And your black background is AWESOME...really makes your card pop!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Milliesmarvels said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
Jane
x