Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, July 30, 2010

"Home Tweet Home" ~ CDS Sneak Peek


Hello!
It is day 3 of  Clear Dollar Stamps' August sneak peeks!
I get to show you a couple of cards done with the set I illustrated for this month's release, called "Home Tweet Home".


This was a super fun set to draw! It  is also a very versatile set.
It works great for wedding or anniversary cards, house warming or thank you cards. Just because or to cheer someone up, just to name a few occasions!
I decided to show you two completely different styles of cards so you can see what I mean about the versatility.
The first is a version that would work great for a wedding , anniversary or engagement card.
I used the large birdcage and the doves plus the scrolled hanger and sentiment.
I thought the gold embossing would look super classy with the beautiful gold leaf trim from The Paper Temptress. The cardstock is all Paper Temptress too. (See card recipe below for color names and links).
I have a tip for you if you want the same effect. I stamped the doves first, then stamped a second set to use as a mask. I cut that set out, placed it over the doves, then sponged pastel colors in the background with diluted ink from Tombow markers. Then I stamped and embossed the other elements, colored in the leaves, and viola!
The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Remember...you can click on any picture to enlarge for better detail.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Create 4 Fun ~ Use flowers
Crafty Creations ~ Happy or Sweet
Stamp Simply ~ Two's company
Mami  Doodles ~ Anything Goes
Think Ink ~ Create your own background
Creative cottage ~ Touchy Feely
Ginger Snap ~ Markers
Creative Inspirations ~ Anything Goes
ABC ~ Zig-zag
Paper Play ~ Anything Goes
Stamp Something ~ Something Flowery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second card is a cute little thing that would work for lots of occasions. Just add your own hand written sentiment to the inside to make it fit. I just used the scrolled hanger and the tiny "Tweets" birds and a sentiment.
The designer paper is Basic Grey's Sugar Rush and the beautiful cardstock and ribbon are all from Clear Dollar Stamps. (See recipe)




I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Creations ~ Happy or Sweet
Stamp Simply ~ Two's company
Mami  Doodles ~ Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly ~ Cutie Patootie
Ginger Snap ~ Markers
Creative Inspirations ~ Anything Goes
ABC ~ Zig-zag
Paper Play ~ Anything Goes


Hope you have enjoyed the peeks.
Please head on over to Clearly iStamp blog to see the other creations the girls have whipped up for you!
There are also links there to take you to the team blogs for even more inspiration!

Thanks for dropping by!
Hugs,
True :D.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For The Love Birds" Card Recipe:

CDS STAMPS USED: "Home Tweet Home"
INK: Staz-On and VersaMark
MARKERS: Tombows
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Gold leaf trim from The Paper Temptress, Assorted roses and pearl accents from Wild Orchid Crafts, tiny leaf punch, Wizard and round rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine and metallic gold thread, gold embossing powder and heat gun, glue, double sided foam tape
COLORING: Tombows and water with sponge
TECHNIQUES: stamping, watercoloring, embossing, sewing, sponging, masking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Live Life With a Song" Card Recipe:

CDS STAMPS USED: Home Tweet Home

CS/PAPERS: Clear Dollar Stamps' Spring Leaf, Mustard SeedWild Huckleberry and watercolor paper. Basic Grey's Sugar Rush

INK: Staz-On

MARKERS: Tombows: 723, 993, 533, 192, 126

ACCENTS/TOOLS: Clear Dollar Stamps Huckleberry organza ribbon, Sewing machine with pink thread, Wizard and square nestabilities, water pen, glue double-sided foam tape.

COLORING: Tombows with water

TECHNIQUES: stamping, watercolor, embossing, sewing

23 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey True! I totally love this set and I just got it in the mail! I'm itching to start creating with it, eeeee! I love your examples with it, so inspiring ;D

unicorn said...

Hi True:)Both cards are just lovely:))
Have a nice day:))
Jeni x

Aunty Sue said...

Hi True love both cards and thanks for joining us at creative inspirations wednesday blog

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great set. Your cards are gorgeous. TFS.

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous cards True! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Leanne said...

WOW True, your cards are absolutely STUNNING!!

If you are interested, I am offering 3 Bon Voyage Magnolia stamps as candy on a new blog I am starting up - if you would like to enter, please click here.

Leanne xx

Sue said...

Hi True
two gorgeous cards, i luv the birdcage,beautiful image, lovely design & embelies.Thank you for joining us at Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Laurie Wilson said...

Such a beautiful card! Wow, awesome coloring and accents, everything is always perfection!

Fabiana Gama said...

Hi, I loved this stamp and your card is so cute.
Brazilians Hugs,

Kevin Renz said...

Fabulous set True and even more fabulous samples.

Tracy said...

this is so pretty, i love the images you have used. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cottage. Tracy x

Crystal said...

True these are fabulous, I LOVE the gold on the first creation!!!!!

Barb said...

Awesome cards! I'm adding this set to my list of sets to buy!

Thea said...

True, this set is adorable! I really like the gold embossing on the bird cage. Great!!

Jessica Theodore said...

Hi True! Loving the new stamp set! I saw your birdcage card in my sidebar update and had to pop over for a closer look! Simply stunning! Great colours and love all that gold embossing xx

Anne said...

Hi True
Two great card, but I really do love that first one!!! Do you have me address lol
Thanks for playing along with us on Creative Cottage this week
Anne x

Valarie (vampme3) said...

These are gorgeous, True!!

Suzi Mac said...

Two Wonderful creations, love the images and the colour combos. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Nana Donna said...

Your cards are beautiful, I had never visited your blog before but you can bet I have become a follower
Nana Donna

stephanne said...

These are both gorgeous, LOVE the golden accents in the top creation, it is completely stunning, two very tweet cards!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
Stephanne

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous designs love the colours on this one, great take on zig zags hugs pops x

Juliet A said...

It is rare that looking at cards will make me want a stamp set, but I think you did it! This are both so gorgeous yet so different, it makes me excited about the possibilities!

Jenni said...

Very sweet cards, love your images. Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.
Jenni x