Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Sweet Strawberry" Card and a Dozen Challenges!

Remember...you can click on any image to enlarge!

Hi everyone!
Did the picture of that mouth watering strawberry get your attention? LOL!
Today's card was made with this month's digi freebie "Little Strawberry" from Clear Dollar Stamps.
They have started selling digis too for those of us who just have to have an image NOW! tehehe!
I will be having some illustrations in there soon but this one was done by the wonderfully talented Laurie Wilson. The birthday sentiment in the lower corner is from the "Heartfelt Sentiments" set.
I have a little secret...If you heat set the image before you color it, the ink doesn't smear. It works for water based and alcohol based. How do I know this you ask....
I don't have a big assortment of either Copics or Tombows and I had the perfect colors of red in Tombows but not greens. My fix was to break out with the Copics for the leaves. I guess you could say that this is some hybrid coloring! LOL!


The "Cherry Go Round" cardstock and bow are from CDS Clearly Coordinating line.
Another little secret...I didn't have the perfect color of designer paper either so I made my own with the same markers that I used for the image, on Premium Heavy Weight cardstock. I chose stripes so I could play along with a challenge that asked us to incorporate stripes. The green is also white cardstock with Copic greens added. 
I also made a matching bookmark to enter another challenge. Actually, just about every detail of this card was dictated by one of the dozen challenges I am entering it in!


Here is the list of challenges I am entering this card in...

Do strawberry blossoms count? I am a DT anyhow so I am really just playing along.
Popped the card, popped the image.
C.R.A.F.T. ~ Birthday or Celebration
Birthday
One Stop ~ Summer Breeze
Summer colors and strawberries
All Sorts ~ Birthday
Birthday
Sweet Stampin' ~ Get Personal
For a sweet friend
Corrosive ~ Easel Card
It is!
Crafty Angels ~ Ripping and Tearing
Ripped the lower right corner.
Stamp With Fun ~ Stripes
Made my own stripe designer paper.
Creative Inspirations ~ Punches or Die Cuts
Die cut the image and frame
Project Tuesday ~ Card w/ Matching Bookmark
Made a bookmark!
ABC ~ "U" is for Unused Stash
Used the Kraft cardstock I bought but never use!

Card Recipe:
CDS STAMPS USED: Little Strawberry digi, and Heartfelt Sentiments
CS/PAPERS: Clear Dollar Stamps "Cherry Go Round", and white, Flourishes Kraft
INK: ink jet and Staz-On
MARKERS: Tombows 847,856,992 and Copics C1, Y11, YG67, YR04, C5, G21, Y08. Also Color Box Creamy brown
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Wizard, round and scalloped round Nestabilities, sewing machine with tan thread, extra thick embossing powder, Versa-mark refill, heat gun. Yellow Stickles, distressing tool, tiny hole punch
COLORING: watercoloring with Tombows and alcohol ink
TECHNIQUES: embossing, heat embossing, tearring, distressing, watercoloring, sewing, 3D, popping, easel card.

Thanks again for dropping by!
I would love it if you were "berry sweet" and left me a comment!
Hugs,
True :D

28 comments:

Beautiful Greetings said...

True, this is just gorgeous! I love the colors and that bow is fab!

Lorraine said...

This is absolutely gorgeous True love the image and the paper you made looks brilliant too xx

Jean Addis said...

Wow! I love your card and bookmark. There are so many great details on your fabulous creation. Thank you for joining us at Project Tuesday.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card-love the image and you colored it so beautifully-thanks for the tip on heat setting a digi

Edith said...

Beautiful card True! The bow is fantastic:)

Sandra H. said...

HUMMMM! Looks nice and tasty!!

Kelly Massman said...

AMAZING! Good enough to eat!! :-)

Createology said...

Bright cheery clever strawberry card. Looks delicious. Happy creating...

Nora said...

Dang & here I thought I rocked one a while back when I made a card that fit seven challenges, but TWELVE?!? Holy cow, you're on a roll! Good luck with 'em all ~ it's a fabulous card!
♥hugs♥

HappyCrafter said...

Wow! What a stunning card! I love the image, the colours and colouring, the stitching and especially the sweet little flowers!!! top notch.

Stressed Stamper said...

wow stunning - just thinking would be good on the side jars of home made jam....

Laurie Wilson said...

Jaw dropper gorgeous! I simply cannot fathom how you got the clear lacquer on the strawberry without touching all the bitty tiny seeds!!! That makes it look so real. I like how you did an extra blossom/leaf for the inside.

Gail said...

great card! WOW!

Andrea said...

Oh wow - what a great card! I like all of it - the strawberrys are so great - jamjam! Hihi ... a very wonderful card!
Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Hugs and have a nice weekend
Andrea-Emmi41

Eiglas said...

Glorious card Trudy! That strawberry looks like you could pluck it and eat it!
Thank you so much for coming over to C.R.A.F.T to play this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

cheryl said...

oh wow this is one brilliant card hun love the colurs you have used,wonderful detail too many thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at creative inspirations hugs cheryl xxxxx

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a lovely card, lovely image & colours, good luck. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. Janet

Faye said...

Wow, True D, your cards are so amazing and always gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing at Sweet Stampin again. x

Jayne Hayward said...

An absolute stunning card. The strawberry looks good enough to eat - yummy yummy! Love the bow you have made and dp is great.

Thanks for joining in with us on Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog.

Jayne xx

Leanne said...

WOW I absolutely love this!!


Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

Leanne xx

Chelsea said...

Oh My! This is stunning True. Loving everything on this card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog.

~Sweet Stampin Guest DT Chelsea~

Vee said...

This is a fabulous 3-D project, so pretty. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Trimgym said...

Great card for our blogaversary at CRAFT Challenge, thank you for joining us and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Mary Lou said...

WOWWIE True this is sooooo very berry sweet (LOL) I just love the delish colors~~it looks so REAL!!! Beautiful easel card :)
Blessings

Tricia T said...

Wow, True!!!! This is just STUNNING!! I'm so glad you joined in the CI Challenge!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card True! The bow is fantastic:)

kaos said...

That is one gorgeous card! I really like it - although I have to see where I get some strawberries from - I really want some now...and here it's a holiday - no shopping...great...

*lol*

lg
kaos

bernietom47 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the image and the paper you made looks brilliant!!
Blessings Bernie