This fall weather has me in the mood for pumpkin bread.
Since my bariatric surgery, regular pumpkin bread is not on the menu, so created this version for hubby and I. It turned out very tasty, so I thought I would share. :)
This is the pan I used. Love my Kitchen Aid mini loaf pan!
You could use a regular loaf pan or cupcake pan if you don't have a mini loaf pan.
Trudy's Protein Pumpkin Nut Bread
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 c. Splenda (or other non-calorie sweetener)
- 1/4 c. Torani Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. butter vanilla emulsion
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. low carb baking mix (I use Carbquick)
- 1/3 c. vanilla protein powder (I use Isopure)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees or 325 for dark non-stick cookware.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetener, syrup, eggs, and flavorings Mix on medium speed for about 1 minute scraping bowl mid way.
Sift baking mix, spices, protein powder, baking soda, and salt directly into pumpkin mixture.
Mix just until well blended.
Add nuts and blend just until incorporated.
*Spray a mini-loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (I use Baker's Joy)
Scoop equal amounts of the batter into each mini loaf, and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a moist crumb. Allow to cool thoroughly before removing mini-loaves.
Wrap each loaf individually and refrigerate until ready to eat.
*If you don't have mini loaf pans, you may also use a full-sized loaf pan or a cupcake pans.
Thanks for dropping by! :)