Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, April 1, 2011

RRRR Challenge and My "Whiff of Spring" Card

Hi Everyone!
Well...it's the first of the month but there will be no new challenge over @ Really Reasonable Ribbons Ramblings today. ;(
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!  
For today's "Use Dies or Punches + Ribbon" challenge, we have teamed up with "Whiff of Joy" and some of their awesome design team to create some sweet projects for you.
I chose to use the cute "Girl and Her Lamb" image.
I colored her with watercolors then used colored pencils to finish off her hair, and chalked in some clouds.


I LOVE this line of ribbon since I love coloring images to match. Notice the pink and white dots on her dress.
BTW...people are always commenting on my "perfect" bows. My trick is the "Bow-Easy" available @ Really Reasonable Ribbon.
The beautiful daffodils are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The papers are Bazzill Swiss Dots, K&Company's ~ Susan Winget "Spring Blossom" Specialty Paper Pad, and Fairway mica metallic. 


To meet the challenge requirements, I used Neastability dies to cut out the image and Stampin' Up's scalloped boarder punches.
I hope you will come on over to our Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings blog, see what the other girls have whipped up for you, and join in on the fun. You could win a prize from either Really Reasonable Ribbon or Whiff of Joy!!!!

BTW...you still have a few days left to apply for the RRRR design team!
Click HERE for the details! ;)

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Raise The Bar ~ "April Showers Bring May Flowers"
I used Flowers   ;)
If The Shoe Fits... ~ "SEW Crazy"
Fun With Shapes ~ "Easter"
Paper Sundeas ~ "Photo Inspiration"
Sentimental Sundays ~ "Cute and Cuddly"
Cupcake Inspiration ~ "Cupcake Photo Inspiration"
Color Create ~ "Pastels"
Aly's Sunday Sketch ~ "Happy Spring"
Pile It On ~ "Cutie Patootie"
Kaboodle Doodles ~ "Spring Has Sprung"
Charisma Cardz ~ "Bling and Sparkles"
Totally Paper Crafts ~ "Cute and Cuddly"
Southern  Girls ~ "Add and Animal" 


Thanks for dropping by!
Hugs,
True :D



21 comments:

Wilfreda said...

This card is beautiful! I love all of the colors.

Carol said...

Love it. Very spring like. My favorite part - the daffodil variety. Love the contrast between the drawing and the 3 dimensional.

Nati Tristan said...

That is such a cute card. I love the bunch of daffodils! Wonderful!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A really stunning card True - your colouring is amazing, and the choice of papers and embellishments is perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at the Sentimental Sundays challenge - hope to see you again. Hugs, Sylvia x

Chrissy said...

SSSOOO Pretty.I love the image..very cute, and your colouring is perfect. Tha daff's look fabulous.Look at the little lamb hanging there...so cute.lol.. A very pretty card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

What a beautiful card! Love the daffy's! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Chris said...

I love the daffodils on the image and on the card. they are so beautiful and perfect for the CIC challenge.
thanks for playing with us.

karenw said...

Such a pretty card - I love the subtle clouds in the background. Just gorgeous.

thanks for playing with us at southern girls. x

Jill said...

Aww what a beautiful card, really love the daffodils! Thanks for joining in at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous spring card! I always admire your wonderful attention to detail on your creations - the dotted dress to match the dotted ribbon for example! Thanks for playing along with us at RTB!

Rachel Hope said...

OH! So cute! Love your coloring! Here hair is Perfection! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Kezzy said...

Oooo your card is beautiful, very springy, gorgeous image and flowers. Xx

Vee said...

Fabulous card love all the detail. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Crystal said...

Wonderful card, love the fabulous layout & those daffordils are amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful creation:-))
Love yor colouring and design.
Thank you for joining the Colour Create challenge.
Sylvia

Mina said...

wow True what a perfect spring card, those daffodils are fabulous...thanks for joining in with our Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Viv said...

Ooooh! I need some of those daffodils! LOL! Gorgeous card, I adore this image you've used. Thanks for playing at Southern Girls. Viv x

Basement Stamper said...

I'm in love! the lilies on this card are just perfect.

lesleyworth said...

absolutely adorable! and those flowers are gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

~*Joni said...

What a cutie! I love the daffodils, such a beautiful match to the image. Beautiful coloring, it's such a happy card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

Zafran ali said...

I love the bunch of daffodils!wonderful,So nice card & beautiful colour combination....
print vip cards