Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, July 15, 2011

"Cool It!" with RRRR and an Yummy "Cool" Salad Recipe!

Hi Everyone!
It's the 15th of the month which means it's time for another fun Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge.
I think we are all in the "Summer" card making mode so why not jump on in and enter our challenge? You could win a great prize from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
The theme this time is "Cool IT!". With a record number of days in July over 100 degrees, we could all stand to "cool it"!  :)
For my card, I used the "Ice Cream Cone" stamp that I illustrated for Clear Dollar Stamps.
I chose to use "sherbet" scoops for my cone to match the pretty Lemon Diamond Satin and Orange Swirls from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I used a Fine Tip Sharpie marker do doodle the frame around the cone and the sentiment.
The image was colored with Prismacolor pencils. I like to carry elements throughout my card. If you will notice the diamonds on the ribbon, the diamonds on the cone and I also crosshatched over the image piece, including the cone. I kind of like the effect! :)


Here is a look at my stamp. It sells for just $4.99 @ Clear Dollar Stamps!

My son and daughter-in love went to the Branson area for their honeymoon and stayed at an amazing Bass Pro resort called Big Cedar Lodge. Hubby and I stayed there last year and they have the most wonderful restaurants on site. I told the kids they had to try the Blueberry Poppy Seed Dressings that The Devil's Pool Restaurant serves. They did and liked it. They were super thoughtful and brought us home a bottle! Mmmmnum yummy! :)

I love it on my special concoction salad I like to call "True's Spinach Salad". Real original right? LOL!
I got a brand new camera the other day and wanted to try it out so...you get to see my salad! :)
I just thought it was a good subject matter for testing the "background de-focus" feature on my camera. It turned out good thus the bonus recipe post! LOL!

Click the picture to make your mouth water! :)

I don't measure when I make this but I can tell you what is in it and you can add whatever amounts of each ingredient you like to suit your own taste.

True's Spinach Salad
Baby Spinach
Lightly seasoned sauteed chicken chunks (salt, pepper, a little seasoned salt) *cooled*
Sliced dates
 Crumbled goat cheese
Sugared whole almonds 
Seasoned Croutons
Blueberry Poppy Seed Dressing

It sounds like a very odd combination but it is truly ma-vo-lous! :)

Head on over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings blog to check out the other girl's beautiful projects and to find out how you can join in on the fun!  :)

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,
True :D


6 comments:

Theresa said...

Hello True - your card is fabulous. I thought the frame was stitching at first till I read. I love the diamond pattern it really adds dimension. Lovely card. You really ought to make the sentiment a stamp too - beautiful writing.

Hugs, Theresa

Basement Stamper said...

Your card looks delicious but can you send one of those salad's my way? This salad is just the kind I *love* and I melt for goat cheese ;-)

Lisa Lara said...

Boy that salad looks yummy True. You know I love this card. Love your colors you achieve in your coloring...they are magical.

Anonymous said...

sweet card! Your salad looks really yummy! TFS! :-)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the card but I am super impressed with the salad recipe and I will be making it. Probably will have to have a different dressing as I don't recall seeing a blueberry poppy one around:)

Lenoria said...

This salad looks delicious, wish I had one right now! If I can ask, what kind of camera did you get? I am in desperate need of a new one but I don't know what to get that makes a good picture.

Thank you,
Lenoria Kelly