Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Fun Challenge @ RRR...Break Out The Gingham!

Hi Everyone!
It's the first of the month so it's time for another Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
This time we would like to see your "Picnic/Summer Fun" projects. Don't forget to use ribbon or trim also to qualify for our challenge. For all of the details and to see how you could win a Really Reasonable Ribbon gift certificate, head on over to our RRRR challenge blog....
...after you check out my card of course! *wink* *wink*!


When I think picnic, I think pretty basket and gingham cloth spread out on a shady spot of soft grass.
Jackie from Inky Antics sent me their sweet "Picnic Basket" and "Life's a Picnic" images. I love the fact that there is already a gingham table cloth in the basket. You just color it any color you want. Of course I teamed it up with Really Reasonable Ribbon's  - 7/8" Red Gingham ribbon. They have any color and size of gingham you could imagine! Check them all out HERE.
I was focused on the card when I took this shot and didn't even see my fur baby Zoey in the background. I just about cropped her out but changed my mind 'cause Zoe likes to get her picnic on too. Big girl can eat some fried chicken! Just sayin'!  :)


Here is a closer look at the pretty ribbon.


Here is a closer look at the Inky image and sentiment. It was fun to color! Woven baskets let you really use your shading skills. One tip I have for you this time is to use Sharpie Fine Tip red markers when you have a small area of red that needs colored. The color is vibrant and the fine tip allows you to color fine detail like the lines in the gingham. Love 'em!
I chalked the clouds in with a home-made cloud template.


Thanks so much for dropping by and taking a closer look!
I hope you will head on over to our Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings blog, take a peek at the awesome projects the other girls have created, and join in on  the fun!

If I don't see you back here before the 4th, I hope you and yours have a safe, happy, and healthy 4th of July!

Big hugs,
True :D


9 comments:

Jana said...

Adorable card! Great coloring. I love that the basket and grass are sort of floating. How did you do the grass?

Unknown said...

Thanks Jana! It was all done with water colors. For the grass, I just use a very long thin "eyelash brush and quick strokes. Hope that helps! ;)

Hugs,
True :D

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful! Your attention to detail is always amazing!

Sheila said...

Beautiful- your shading is amazing.

Crystal said...

True this is fabulous, LOVE this picnic basket!!!!! GREAT clouds in the bg sweetie, hope you enjoy your weekend!!!!

Bev Gerard said...

Super duper idea ... right in time for this delightful Independence Day weekend, True! Darling creation. Much fun to you & yours this weekend!

Thea said...

True, everything you do is a cut above the rest! This is great. Have a safe, fun holiday!

Basement Stamper said...

super cute card, beautiful coloring!

Theresa said...

True this is fabulous!! I love how you colored the basket...I have to do one myself and will take my lead from you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE gingham ribbon - this is just perfect.

Zoey looks adorable.

Have a great weekend.