Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon and Hampton Art's "Choose HOPE" Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Hop



Hello everyone and welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon and Hampton Art's "Choose Hope" Breast Cancer Awareness blog hop!
If you are here from the Hampton Art blog, you are in the right place! :)  If you just happened on to my blog, you will want to go back there and start from the beginning. You don't want to miss a thing.
The girls from both teams have created some awesome projects to share with you. No...you aren't wearing rose colored glasses...we are playin' in the pink! :)

Did you know that 1 out of every 8 women and 1 out of every 1000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer during their life time?
 I have many friends and family members who have had it. I have had several biopsies and have yearly mammograms myself because of family history. 
One of the best ways to increase your chances of survival is to do monthly self examinations. If you do not know how, or want to double check that you are doing them correctly, HERE is a link to clearly written instructions. mammograms are another wonderful tool for early detection. You can find lots of valuable information about prevention, detection, and treatments at BreastCancer(dot)Org.

For my first card, I used Hampton Art's darling little #KN2456 Think Pink stamp and ink pad set.

I stamped it with the accompanying pink ink pad, embossed it with clear embossing powder, then used a Copic Multi-liner pen to doodle some outlines, a sentiment, and a frame.
I thought the Two Scoops -Strawberry Shortcake cardstock from Discount Card Stock was a perfect match for that sweet image and ink. The rhinestones are #MW0165pink gems from Studio g.
The beautiful Tiny Sheer pink Minidots Organza is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and was tied with a Bow-easy.

Just for the fun of it, I created some matching sugar cookies. :)


I created another card in pink with Hampton Art's Outlines IC0158 "Wedding Bliss" cling set.

I wanted a soft image so I stamped it in #SO71036 Creamy Brown ColorBox Chalk, then colored it with watercolors. I added some Liquid Pearls to give the pearls on the cake some dimension.
I used the same Strawberry Shortcake cardstock as I did on the first card and added some Spearmint PopTone and Brilliant White, all from Discount Card Stock. The white is embossed with Tim Holtz's "Swirls" embossing folder.
The beautiful ribbon is Really Reasonable Ribbon's - Fantasy Rose Diamond Satin.
Your next stop on the hop is Vivian's pretty blog. I bet she has something beautiful to share with you!
Make sure to leave a comment here and on all of the blogs along the way to increase your chances of winning a prize form either Really Reasonable Ribbon or Hampton Art.
You can see what the prizes are on the Really Reasonable Ribbon, and the Hampton Art blogs. (No need to check it out right now...you will be at both places along the way of the hop)

Thanks so much for hopping by.
Don't forget to squeeze those TaTas!





36 comments:

Dawnll said...

Beautiful cards and yummy cookies,I am on my way over...lol Great job True!

cbcootn said...

Your hope card is so cute and the cookies look yummy.

Jess said...

cute cards and love thecookies!

Debbie Seyer said...

Your cards are so cute, True! I would love to taste some of your cookies sometime!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects, Trudy! Great to see your multiple talents - the designs on those cookies are great. Really excited to be hopping with you!

Anonymous said...

Haha I just caught the tata comment! Yes, mustn't forget haha!

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful! And I wish I could sample those cookies in person! Great job!

Pattie J. said...

love your cards, but yummm, with cake and hearts are my favorite thing, that gorgeous pink RRR bow and those delicious cookies....well done... thanks for sharing

Adora Concepcion said...

Lovely projects and the cookies looks yummy!!

Unknown said...

Great projects Trudy! Thanks for sharing.

Gloria Stengel said...

Amazing, as always. Those cookies look YUMMY!

Sue D said...

Fabulous card for breast cancer awareness and love the cookies. Very pretty wedding card too.

Penny Walker said...

Great card and cookies look good too.

Rebecca said...

Yum, the cookies look as wonderful as the cards :)

silvia said...

Great cards and your cookies look delicious!

Dana said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love how you doodled around the pink ribbon stamp!!

JUDI said...

Beautiful cards and my mouth is drooling over your fabulous cookies. With Love Judi

Julie Odil said...

Great projects! You do beautiful work.

Beverly S. said...

Cute card with the pink ribbon! Love how you "doodled" around the stamp image. You also have me "drooling" over the cookies. :) You stamp and bake too...what a combo! Wink.

Jackie - aka funhockeymom25 said...

beautiful cards! cookies look yummy!!

Snoopy said...

Fantastic cards! Love the cookies too.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Great card with the "doodling" and lettering. Loved the small pink flowers with the rhinestone. But the cookies looked even better. Must be dinner time here.

iamsuzkew said...

Love the Hope card - I love the combo of the pinks in the cardstock and hot pink ribbon...I wouldn't have thought to put those two together but they really work! Thanks.

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I'm loving this hop and project showcases ladies! Thanks for the opp!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, I love your style!

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Really nice card....of course in pink. Those cookies look good enough to eat!!! LOL Loved both cards.

Tiffany said...

These are both pretty and encouraging! Have you hears of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges at Splitcoast Stampers? We are all sending cards to one of the breast cancer treatment centers. You should check it out!

Bonnie Garby said...

Awesome cards and I love those matching cookies. You are so very creative!!

Pendra said...

Beautiful cards and SWEET cookies! Thanks for sharing "Hope"!!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

JPScraps said...

The cards are lovely! Those cookies....YUM.

Adrienne Crist said...

Such cute cards and those cookies look so yummy! Go pink.

S.C.Gardner said...

cute card and cookies and I love the wedding card.....you are awesome....:)

Jacqy said...

Your site is awesome; your cards are absolutely beautiful. Love your use of so many different elements. They "kick" your cards up a notch.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful display.
Hugs,
Jacqy
luv2create4u.blogspot.com

Jan Garber said...

Yummy!
i love your projects!

ehbost said...

Hi!
1st time here. Following the blog now, but will be back. Loved both cards, and thanks for adding the cookie pics. They look yummy. How about the recipe?

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic projects!!! Those cookies look yummy!!!