Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cards for soldiers


A group of Dear card artist friends of mine and one SUPER buyer (The KDT) and I have adoptined a couple of soldiers. Each week we send them a couple of our handamde cards. This is my first card to go.
What do you think?

I would like to challenge everyone who sees this to do the same. If you don't know a soldier to send your cards to.... just type "cards for soldiers" in a search engine and you will get tons of hits for organizations that can hook you up with names and addresses.
Thanks! :)

6 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is fabulous True and what a wonderful cause too. I love the details, this one will be cherished by whom ever gets it! :)

Kath said...

Isn't this the cutest card? Actually, the KDT became involved in sending cards to soldiers when we learned that BOTH of Dianne's sons-in-law had just been sent to Iraq. We can't adopt every soldier, but we knew that we could adopt these two -- Brad and John! We placed both of their pictures at the top of our blog so that we would remember to pray for their safety DAILY. We put a system into place where each week they both receive a card from a KDT member as well as an occasional package.

Debbie said...

Hi True, now that my PC is fixed I can finally get around to visit you.
I love your card, the image and sentiment are just perfect to send to a soldier. I'm sure who ever recieves this will really appreciate it and it's sure to brighten their day! Debbie x

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

This is such a cute card! And such a great idea! Thank you for posting it--I've already found an organization who can help me send cards to soldiers. Super idea! Lisa :-)

Anonymous said...

This is so so adorable!! Just love your creations!! TFS! :)

Erin... said...

Absolutely Amazing!!! Love it!