Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Sunday, March 15, 2009

My American Flag Card - My Original Artwork

Flag Card





Hello All!
This is another card that I have done for a challenge. One of my favorite buyers (and friend) was wanting lots of cards to send to our troops so she created a challenge for "Thank You" cards. This is my first entry. Don't try this one unless you have TONS of time to spare! It was done with Core'dinations papers. They are papers that are lighter on the inside so that if you sand or distress them, it gets lighter. I hand cut all of the red stripes out of card stock them sanded each one individually to get the highlights. Same thing with the blue. I dry embossed the stars then sanded them to make them show up lighter. The pieces were intricately pieced together and glued in place. I then chalked in the low lights on the white. The Stars on the inside and envelope were done using the same technique. The "Bless You" stamp is from "Simon Says Stamp." The poem inside and the original artwork are mine.
Lots of work and love went into this baby! LOL!
See more pics on eBay.
What do you think?


6 comments:

Deb said...

wow, True, that is an amazing card, I can't believe how much work you must have put into it, so worth it though, fabulous!
Hope you have a great night, hugs Debx

Debbie said...

Oh my...just picking my jaw up from the floor! This is absoloutely amazing True...I am at a loss for words! I just love it and whoever recieves this card will treasure it forever. Debbie x

Cher said...

Hi...this is lovely..My son is at the USAFA...u have touched my heart with this one...xo Cher

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is a beautiful card True. Your talent always leaves me amazed.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card!! Love it!! TFS!

Sue said...

Hi Trudie,
Have just struck gold!! and found your blog, you have some wonderful creations!! This card is amazing, the amount of work you have put in and it truely shows!! you have made a wonderful sentiment too, stay blessed!! Sue xx