Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An emergency anniversary card for my brother and sister-in-law!




Hello All!
In all of the craziness I have going on....I forgot about my brother and his wife's 25th wedding anniversary! UUGGGHHHH! As all of you card makers know, it is like breaking the law now if we give a "store bought" card. So....I a pinch I decided to make a card with papers that are so gorgeous that it doesn't need tons of extras or lots of time. I went to my stash and pulled out some "The Paper Temptress" papers. They are absolutely beautiful and the camera just doesn't do them justice because of the shine and sparkle. You should go check out TPT now because they are celebrating their 1 year anniversary and there are all kinds of deals going on!
I usually spend about 3-4 hours on a card but this little beauty only took about 1/2 an hour. Whew...saved by the bell! The bell and sentiment are from "Stampin Up's" "A Greeting For All Reasons" the numbers are from a generic set I picked up at Hobby Lobby.




All I did was stamp the images in Versa Mark, sprinkle on metallic silver embossing powders, heat to set, add a little ribbon, and voila!A quick elegant card!
I shouldn't have taken the time to post it tonight with all I still have to do but I couldn't help myself!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Paper Play Challenge - Your favorite embellishment
I used ribbon as mine. It is on almost all of my cards!
One Stop Craft Challenge - Celebrations
This card celebrates an anniversary
Colour Create Challenge - All White
Mine is...with a touch of metallic silver for accent
Paper Take Weekly - Spots and Stripes (use either or both
I used this beautiful laser striped paper
This is entry #2 for this challenge! :)
Creative Inspirations Challenge - Special card or project with a number on it
25! LOL!
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - All That Sparkles
The whole card does!
This is my second entry here too. Love these guys! :)
The Pixie Cottage Challenge - Celebrate
Anniversary celebration in da haouse! ;)
Please leave a note to tell me what you think!
Hugs,
True :)

25 comments:

HazelQ said...

Wow! You did that in 1/2 hour?? You're fast :P this card is gorgeous :)
Hugs
Hazel

Annie said...

WOW! This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love it!!!

And I totally hear you about store bought cards... I now only give those to people I don't care as much for...

Beautiful Greetings said...

So pretty True! You should enter this card in The Pixie Cottage Challenge too! The theme is Celebrate so this is perfect!

csroyal said...

Very pretty, True!! and you bet store bought cards are not allowed from me either.

CFLanger said...

Gorgeous card, True! Very elegant! Oh, and I have to thank you for posting the link to The Paper Temptress. I have been searching in vain for some new metallic papers and this was exactly what I was looking for. I'm so happy I could cry! Hugs to you!

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow !! this is absolutely stunning True ;-) I can see how gorgeous the paper is especially the side view ,,,,, fabulous ! I am sure your brother and SIL will just love this card ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge with another fab entry :-)and for your lovely comment re our team :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, True
Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

Karen x

Beautiful Greetings said...

Hooray True! I am so glad to see your entry in The Pixie Cottage Challenge. You know I think this is a beauty!

Unknown said...

Wow, you did a great job! Love this card, so chic True! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage.

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card True, very elegant! Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

Anne said...

Your card is beautiful! Great work in so little time. Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Risa said...

Your card is stunning Trudy! The silver embossing is awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.
hugs
Risa:)

Lisa Foster said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous!!! My emergency cards NEVER look this wonderful! Nope, not even close! Fabulous True!
Hugs,
Lisa

Shawne said...

You have to tell me how you always find these challenges! Wow, it's fun sometimes to throw together a quick CAS huh? What better way than with luscious papers like these! Beautiful!

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, True. And you say it's a quick card, wow, it's so elegant - perfect for a 25th anniversary. Well done!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Tammy said...

This is so beautiful!! All of the silver makes it look so elegant. Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good Luck!

Sandra H. said...

Very, very pretty!!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Very pretty! Congratulations to the happy couple :) Thanks for Playing with the Pixies!

Cheers!
Kristen

maxine said...

Lovely card True thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations.

Tracy said...

Hiya True another beautiful card,always a joy to pop on by here.
Thanks for taking part over at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

the PaperTemptress said...

I don't know how you keep up with all the challenges but you do and very wonderfully too!! Can't wait to see your designs in November when you are a guest designer for PaperTemptress! You bring out the best of PaperTemptress's cardstock!!

Patricia
the PaperTemptress

cheryl said...

this is so beatuiful love it so detailed too thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week love cheryl xxxx

Laurie Wilson said...

OK, so I've discovered now that you are the QUEEN of combining challenges for one card, LOL! Very pretty card, oh, all the shiny silver is just gorgeous!

Jill said...

beautiful card True thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Anonymous said...

Classy card True! Very elegant. Thanks for joining us over at the Pixie Cottage for our challenge.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/