Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CDS Sneak Peek ~'A Cuppa Kitty" ~ Another one of my Illustrations

Hello All!
Today, I have an exciting post! I get to show you another one of my stamp illustrations that will be available for purchase at Clear Dollar Stamps on July 1st. The set is called "A Cup Full of Happiness" and comes with the image plus several different sentiments. 

This is such a fun stamp to color. I have done it in several colors to look like all of the kitties in my life. This one looks like my cat Nother, who was the model for the stamp. I will show you another version on Saturday.

I colored the kitty with Prismacolor pencils and watercolor pencils, then paper pieced the cup and saucer. I then added some UTEE to add some shine.

Remember...you can click on any picture to enlarge!  ;)

The beautiful ribbon and bow are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


Please check out the other girls who are sneak peeking this image today.
(If their posts aren't up yet, please check back later)

Also, go to Lori's blog to check out all of the other sneaks and new July stamps.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly ~ "In Stitches"
Zig-zag stitching inside and out!
Creative Inspirations ~ "Paper Piecing"
The cup and saucer are paper pieced.
Stamp With Fun ~ "Birthday"
Sentiment says..."Wishing You a Cup Full of Birthday Fun!"
Crafty Angels ~ "My Favorite Stamp"
Right now, this is my favorite stamp because I designed it! ;)
My Time to craft ~ "Zig-Zag"
Zig-zag stitching inside and out!
Everybody Art ~ "Birthday"
Sentiment says..."Wishing You a Cup Full of Birthday Fun!"
Pile it On ~ Do Something Creative With Cardstock
I paper pieced my cup and saucer then glazed it. Does that count as creative?  ;)
Practical Scrapper  ~ Use Flowers
I used flowered cardstock...one of the options listed. ;)
Fresh Brewed ~ Anything Goes
I Did It Creations ~ Use Dimension
ABC ~ X-tra Dimension
Digi Doodle ~ Anything Goes
Corrosive ~ Flowers
I have flowers on my DP...does that count? ;)
Crafty Ann's ~ Embossing
Caardvarks ~ Embossing
Speedy The Cat ~ Flowers
Floral DP. Hope that counts. ;)


Card Recipe:
STAMPS USED: Clear Dollar Stamps ~ "A Cup Full of Happiness"
CS/PAPERS: Bazzill Clover Swiss Dots and K&Company's "Life's Journey"
INK: Staz-On Jet Black, Colorbox cat's eyes in Olive and Chestnut
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Olive Wrinkled Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Wizard and round and scalloped round, and rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities. Sewing machine with tan thread, UTEP, VersaMark refill, old paintbrush, heat gun, water pen, Scor-tape, glue, double sided foam tape.
COLORING: Prismacolor watercolor pencils #'s WC2944, WC2929, WC2947. Prismacolor colored pencils #'s 747 and 7451/2
TECHNIQUES: stamping, watercoloring, sewing, embossing

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments! I would love to hear what you think about my newest stamp image! ;)
Hugs,
True :D

28 comments:

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Wow Trudy the image is sooooooooo cute!And the card is simply gorgeous!Love the colors too!

KymKreates said...

What a exquisite card! Good luck and thanks for sharing at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

KymKreates

Judy said...

Wow what a gorgeous card! The coloring is exquisite!! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
judy

Andrea said...

A wonderful card - like it so much. Great color and details. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.

Hugs

Andrea-Emmi41

Christine said...

UHHHHH, AHHHHHHHH, OHHHHHHH, just so adorable!

Vicki Dutcher said...

TRue - such an adorable kitty! Love all the layering also! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends (again)!

Liz Williams said...

Love that glossy shine on your cup and what a wonderful friend for Speedy! This will certainly be a hit that all of Speedy's Friends will love. Thanks for playing along with us!!

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, what an adorable little kitty, True!!! Your coloring is outstanding and I LOVE the paper piecing!!!

Kevin Renz said...

So much richness and depth.. love your cards True!

Dianne said...

AWWWWWe, this image is soooo sweet! As always your coloring and layout are absolutely gorgeous !!

Hugs,
Dianne

Gloria Dojlido said...

I loved working with your image True! Your cards are super sweet!

Jeanette said...

Oh, True, this is just a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Claudine Poch said...

BEAUTIFUL cat and and card! Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations and Speedy's Friends.

Sue said...

A lovely image on your beautiful card.
Sue

Mark's Finest Papers said...

What a FABULOUS card!!!!!! I love this color combo and your coloring is AMAZING!!!

Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card and I love the cat! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

jude said...

Trudi this is sooooooooo cute!Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations this week.Good luck with your forth coming stamp release im sure they will be a hit!
hugs judex

Rufus said...

Really neat card and GREAT image! Not to mention a really impressive list of challenges!
R/

Marlene said...

What an adorable kitty!

Katja said...

So glad you did join our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!!! Your card is really great!

Greetings, Katja

Ann Whitfield said...

Oh how gorgeous is this?? Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Monika Reeck said...

Gorgeous coloring...gorgeous LO and I LOVE YOUR CARD!!!so adorable...Thanks for playing with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best, hugs, Monika

cheryl said...

wow trudi hun this is one stunning card gosh the detail is just brilliant bless you for joining us over at creative inspirations,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

dawnmercedes said...

nice one.

Dawn
Speedy Cat's Friends Challenge

kim.mom said...

Always love your work!!! TFS at SMC!

Clare Brown said...

wow first of all what a gorgeous blog you have and secondly you are one talented lady!!!Goodluck with the abc challenge this week and please come back and join us next week.

hugs Clare x

Andrea M said...

OMG!!! This is beyond gorgeous! Wow - you really do beautiful work!!! AWESOME! Thanks for playing along with PIO!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, so cute and your paper piecing looks fab.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
hugs Mandy xx