Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Faux Glass Flower Bookmark


Hello All!
Today I tried a new technique for making flowers.
These were hand punched from designer paper, detailed with Tombow markers, shaped, then coated with UTEE. I love the effect I got. If you click on the above photo to enlarge, you can get a really close look. The centers are yet another technique called "Faux Brads". I will gladly do a tutorial for both techniques if anyone would be interested.


I used Clear Dollar Stamp's "Heartfelt Sentiments" set to add an olive green watermark to the tan DP to pull some of the leaf color in. I also used a sentiment from the same set. It simply says "You're Fabulous".

That gorgeous, gorgeous  ribbon page marker at the top is a sample that Bonnie from "Really Reasonable Ribbon" sent me to play with. It is her "Wine Velvet Ribbon" and it feels scrumptious!

I entered this project in the following challenges:
Pile it On  ~ Get Creative with Cardstock
Practical Scrapper  ~ Use Flowers
Crafty Creations ~ Add Shine to Your Creations
Fresh Brewed ~ Anything Goes
I Did It Creations ~ Use Dimension
Bunny Zoe ~ Nice and Girly
ABC ~ X-tra Dimension
Digi Doodle ~ Anything Goes
Corrosive ~ Flowers
Crafty Creations ~ Shine and Bling
Crafty Ann's ~ Embossing
Sew Many Cards ~ Anything Goes
Caardvarks ~ Embossing
Speedy The Cat ~ Flowers
Paper Take Weekly ~ In Stitches
My Time To Craft ~ Zig Zag
I also entered it in WT276 and IC238 Split Coast Stampers challenges

Hope you will all check out the sneak peeks that are going on at Clearly iStamp right now. 

 I will have a peek to show you tomorrow done with one of my stamp illustrations. Hope you will come back and check it out!

I would love a quick comment to let me know if you like the flowers and if you would like me to work up a tutorial to share.

Hugs,
True :D

52 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow they are fab, look very delicate !

Lisa Summerhays said...

Love them Trudy! I'd love to see a tutorial on both. What a cool technique!

Unknown said...

Hi True
stunning would love tut on both.
Christine x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda Miller said...

True, this is gorgeous. I love those flowers.

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers, I would love a tutorial on both.

Thank you for sharing
Tammy Taylor

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful job True!!! Love the colors you used on this,the Ribbon, and your flowers turned out Beautiful tooo!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS! I would love to see tutorials on both. Thank you!

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, these flowers are awesome! So is the velvet. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool and a great bookmark.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Wow a fantastic tag the flowers look like porcelain. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge Hugs Pascale

Cassie_lu said...

that bookmark is just stunning. the details are rich.

Vicki Dutcher said...

TRUE! FABULOUSO!! Love these flowers - I for one would love the tutorial! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

anazelia said...

That book mark is . . . making me speechless. It is stunning.

Unknown said...

these are beautiful i absoloutly love them

The Crafty Den said...

What a stunning bookmark. Love the flowers and gorgeous colour scheme. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge. Hugs, Denise (GDT) x

Mark's Finest Papers said...

WOW! This is an AWESOME TECHNIQUE!!!
I love it!

Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends!

Leah l'Orange said...

what a GORJE project, True! i love the flowers, and that ribbon is just scrummy!

i've seen the faux glass technique demonstrated using a melting pot - is this what you did, or just standard heat emboss and curling? i'd love to see it!

Liz Williams said...

I loved visiting your blog. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends with this awesome faux glass.

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Anne said...

gorgeous work Trudy, hopefully you'll do the tut as I'd love to know how you did these
Anne x

Kerri said...

Oh wow, True! This is GORGEOUS!!! What a cool technique! I would love a tutorial:)

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week!

Claudia said...

Wow the flowers are awesome!! TFS. I would love to see a tutorial on how you were able to accomplished this adorable look on the flowers.
Please share.

Claudia

Rufus said...

Seems to be the universal opinion ~ the flowers are really pretty!
R/

Unknown said...

True, this is really cool! Love the effects that you achieved!
hugs,
Gini

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh wow!!! this is stunning. I love the glossy flowers. Thanks for playing at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Linda said...

Simply stunning flowers....I would love to know more about how to do this.

Brenda said...

It would be wonderful to see tutorials on your techniques. Thanks.

Brenda said...

It would be wonderful to see tutorials on your techniques. Thanks.

Judy said...

Wow, this is so elegant! Very very nice. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

kim.mom said...

WOW!! These are beautiful flowers!! I'd love a tutorial!! I have to tell you I love your horse images you do for Clear Dollar. I grew up riding horses with my Dad and I've been using your images to make cards to send my Dad. Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

Jeanette said...

Fabulous and beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

KymKreates said...

What a scrumptious project! Good luck and thanks for sharing at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

KymKreates

PS I would love to learn this technique!

Dianne said...

Hi True, These are beautiful !! I would love to know how you did these. They are perfect for a bookmark or card. Do you already have the tutorial on your blog?

Hugs,
Dianne

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

FAB! I have seen the flowers done this way but not with the faux brads...would love to see a tut on that!
Thanks!

Fany said...

Amazing! WOW!LOL! You did something really wonderfull, I am in love, with your work. I have scrolling around a bit. LOL HI! Hi!
Good Luck on the Blog Candy in the I did it creation Challenge.
Fany from Fanyella Design.

Michelle said...

Beautiful and unique. I would love to see a tutorial on this technique.

Beautiful Greetings said...

I would love a tutorial True! These are just stunning!

Mary Lou said...

GORGEOUS--GORGEOUS--GORGEOUS--GIRL!!!!
Thanks for sharing
They look like glass :)))
Glad you are crafting again--feeling better??
Blessings

the PaperTemptress said...

I want a tutorial, love the effect!

Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Joanne Travis said...

Fabulous bookmark! I love this.
Thanks for playing in Speedy's Friends Challenge this week!

Brook said...

Beautiful flowers! I also would love to see a tutorial!

shirley said...

Beautiful! I would love to see a tutorial. TFS.

Lorraine A said...

fabulous bookmark True :-) the flowers are absolutely gorgeous ! :-)

thanks for joining the PTW Challenge
luv
Lols x x

Andrea M said...

Are you kidding?! Who wouldn't love a tutorial?!?! This is GORGEOUS, FANTASTIC, Super-d-duper!!!! I love this look - so stunning. Wow! Please share :) I am in awe :) Thanks for playing along with PIO this week!

dawnmercedes said...

just gorgeous!

Dawn
Speedy Cat's Friends Challenge

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely stunning flowers! Wow!

Anna said...

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Anita said...

I would love to see a tutorial. Your flowers are so gorgeous.

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Congrats on winning the challenge!

Sharon

Glass Flowers Tutorial

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Hi, I am having fun going through your wonderful blog!!! These flowers with the UTEE are so stunning. Did you ever do a tutorial on them? If not would you mind leaving a comment on my blog with a few instructions. I don't think I would need photos and a full-blown tutorial. I've worked with UTEE a little on chipboard with perfect pearls. Such wonderful creations! Thanks so much! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

(If you did a tutorial, would you mind giving me the link?)