Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Time For Another Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge ~ "I Got You Babe!"

Hi Everyone!
Happy September 1st!
It's the first of the month so it's time for another Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings Challenge.
Your challenge this time is "I Got You Babe". We will leave the interpretation up to you and look forward to seeing how creative you can get with it.  ;)

I also want to give a big shout out to Want2Scrap! They asked me to be a guest designer for them the month of September and sent me an awesome assortment of pretty bling to play with! Look for it on lots of my upcoming creations, including today's. ;)

For my challenge sample, I used the adorable #10294H-"Baby Bunny Stroller" and #1405F -"Welcome Baby!" stamps from Inky Antics.


The pretty papers are from Basic Grey's "Two Scoops" 6"x6" paper pad. It has sadly been retired but....it's available now as a digital download! Woohoo! :)
I thought the sweet Pastel Green Satin Swiss Dots ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, matched it PERFECTLY! :) Isn't it yummy?  :)
BTW...everyone always asks how I get my ribbons so perfect. My secret is the Bow-Easy. It is one of those tools that I just couldn't do without! :)
I used watercolors to color the image then added some dots to the buggy with Ranger Ink's- Yellow Pastel Studio Acrylic Paint. I also used some of their Pale Ochre, Veridian, and Sap Green Archival Inks on the edges of the image and sentiment banner. The banner is just hand cut and popped.
I also used PC1022 and PC938 Prismacolor pencils to draw some "plaid" on the buggy shade. 
I used a 3D balloon sticker from The Paper Studio, over the top of the balloon image for a little more dimension. I added some tiny heart buttons from my stash, where the image had round buttons.
True :D Tip of the day...Use white paint (I used Ranger Ink's) to draw the thread on your buttons to save time!
I did some detail accents with Sakura Gelly-Roll pens in Sky Star and Silver Star.
The image and frame were cut with circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities. I stitched around the border of the card with yellow thread and the finishing touches are the pretty yellow pearls. They are actually Want2Scrap's White Self-adhesive Pearls that I colored with a Y08 Copic for just the right shade I needed. I love buying lots of white or clear bling for this very purpose! :)

I hope you will head on over to our Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings blog to see what the other girls have created to inspire you. You could win a RRR gift certificate if you join in on the fun!
I also invite you to check out the Want2Scrap blog  and store. Thy have lots of fun stuff to play with!

Thanks for dropping by my friends!
I would so love to hear what you think about my card!  :)

Hugs,
True :D

3 comments:

THERESA said...

This is so lovely, subtle tones, gorjuss!!
Congrats on the GDT!!!
Love the corners and thanks for the tip,lol
lotsa luv

Theresa said...

This is just so totally amazing!! Love that ribbon. The bottom DP is gorgeous!! Love your card, it's just totally too adorable. Congrats on the GDT - your work is just fabulous!!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a lovely card hunni
and congrats on your new DT member
have a lot of funn there sweetie
have a great weekend to all
hugs angelique