Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Escape Your Comfort Zone" With The CardMaker Girls Blog Hop!


Hi Everyone!
Welcome to another fun blog hop with the CardMaker magazine blog design team!


If you are here from sweet Anya's blog, you are in the right place. If you just happened onto my blog, you will want to head back to the CardMaker blog where it all starts.


Brooke asked  us to create a card using a technique that we don't normally use, and escaping our comfort zone.
I have always loved seeing people do Zentangle. Zentangle basically is doodling in a controlled manor using repetitive designs. Mind you, I am sure not a pro. I've only done it once or twice, so my version is very simple.

I wanted to create a "Thank You" card for Brooke. She is the fearless leader of the fun CardMaker magazine blog team. She keeps us all organized and under control  :) ....and she ROCKS!!!



This is how I started out







Thanks so much for dropping by today. If you liked my card, I would love for you to leave me a comment before you go. BTW...you can leave a comment if you didn't like it too.  ;)
I hope you will Google Zentangle, look for more professional examples, and give it a try. It is very fun and relaxing! :)

Your next stop on the hop is back to the CardMaker blog, where I am sure Brooke will have something awesome to share with you!  :)

Here are the links to the rest of the girls on the hop, just in case you hoped in somewhere in the middle  :) ...

Trudy Sjolander (you are here)

Hugs,

Card Supply List:
Want2Scrap: White Pearls
Flowers from Prima and Imaginisce
Copic multiliner pen
Tombow markers
Beacon Fabri-tac


14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just beautiful. The colours and design work so well. Wishing you a fab Wednesday.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Kimberly Crawford said...

that is SO cool! LOVE what you created!!!! you have some serious drawing skills-wow!! :) HUGS!

anya said...

My goodness, True, that is incredible! Your doodling and coloring is amazing. What a beautiful card for Brooke!

Carolyn King said...

Tru- aka. Zentangle queen---what a cool card for Brooke! This is fantastic. Never tried Zentangle but am inspired to try now!

Cheryl said...

This is so fun! I love the colors.



--Cheryl--

Colleen Schaan said...

WOW WOW WOW! What a great idea... and this turned out spectacular!!! I love the doodling and the colors. Wonderful!

daisystitcher said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the colors and the zentangle.

Brooke said...

That is so sweet, Trudy!! Thank you so much for the amazing card and sweet comments! :)

Jilliene Designs said...

AWESOMENESS! I love that in black ink and I didn't expect you so fill in with color which is even more beautiful. Love it! www.jillienedesigns.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

What fun! Great idea, True, and love your card :)

Sherry Butcher said...

Looks like fun with the colors and the zentangle. I'll look into that.
TFS.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card True. Love the doodling. It came out so good and the colors are so pretty.

Lucy E. said...

How awesome! Great job on the Zentagle. I have not tried it yet. TFS!

Barbara said...

Stopped for awhile to visit. First I saw all your wonderful food treats...you are so creative. Everything looked delicious and so pretty. The I saw this doodling. WOW, you must be so happy to have the time to do all that makes you happy. I would like to try this technique. Thank you for inspiring me. (I may also decide to bake something special for dinner tonight. It is finally cooler and I can turn the oven on:) Tomorrow it will be in the 80's again!)
Glad I took the time to visit and stay awhile. Have a wonderful week. Hugs