Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, August 19, 2011

Perfect Pearls Sympathy Card

Hi Everyone!
As usual, I'm super busy today but when I saw this morning's Free For All challenge #F4A788- "Embossing Central" over @ Split Coast Stampsers, I just had to take a break and play along! They asked us to use an embossing folder as our focal point.
Ranger Ink sent me a bunch of goodies last week and included in the package were some Perfect Pearls Pigment kits. I thought this would be the perfect time to try them out!
I have to say....I LOVE "EM!!!!!
It sure added a touch of elegance to what would have been a very plain card.


Here's another shot I took just as the sun was coming up. I couldn't decide which picture I like best so I'm posting them both! :)



The cardstock is Kraft from Discount Card Stock. I added a tiny piece of the "hoarded" cardboard that I scavenged from a fire pit bowl package (see yesterday's post). Hubby thought I was crazy so I can't wait to show him this card!
I used Provo Crafts "Leafy Branch" folder.
The stunning ribbon is from  Really Reasonable Ribbon. It is their Sheer Ruffle Edge Gold and Old Gold Organza. (Using this beautiful ribbon over a piece of trash cardboard somehow felt wrong!) I twisted the organza before I placed in over the other ribbon and really like the look. ;)
I distressed the edges of the paper and stamped sentiment with Ranger Inks Coffee Archival Ink.
The sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamp's- Heartfelt Sentiments set.

BTW...if you haven't signed up for my latest blog candy, CLICK HERE! :)

Thanks for taking a closer look!
Now back to work I go! ;)

Big hugs!
True :D


17 comments:

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

OMG!!!This totally to die for. Those perfect pearls really made the whole card glow. It`s truly elegant and sofisticated. Fantastic job! Hugs...Mona

SusanLotus said...

Such a lovely card!
And elegant!

Lenoria said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love how the card seems to glow - and your ribbon is perfect over your recycled treasure. I don't think you are a hoarder at all - just a very talented enabler!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is gorgeous! You hoard away dear! I love using Perfect Pearls and the way you blended them on the leaves is just beautiful!
Thank you for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

True love your card and it is a perfect sympathy card.....

Tanya said...

wow, this is gorgeous! I have been thinking about trying the perfect pearls, seeing this, I'm adding them to my wish list!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a stunning card. I love the shiny leaves. TFS.

kat said...

I just found your blog today because of the embossing folder challenge; love what you did to the leaves! Guess I'm gonna have to dig out my perfect pearls again and I haven't used them for years! Thanks for the inspiration.

Basement Stamper said...

Your card is absolutely amazing! I love the shimmer.

Sherry said...

gorgeous gorgeous card!!! what is a perfect pearls pigment kit? can you do a tutorial on your card?

Bev Gerard said...

Aaaaaaccccccccccccccck!!!
Now you've got me running to find my Perfect Pearls, Ms. True! So glad you shared both photos ... I couldn't choose either ... they're both gorgeous!

~Bev

sandi said...

I do not know what to say except WOW

CreativeJanine said...

Beautiful card!

Kathy said...

Fantastic card! I can't wait to try making one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Theresa said...

True, what a beautiful card. I love the 2nd photo, it really gives it the peace of the sentiment. Gorgeous.

Glenda Atkins said...

Such a beautiful card, and you do make the most fabulous bows!

Knerten said...

This is so elegant, Trudy, just love it !