Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Here is a tip that may save you paper and frustration!

Here is a very simple but priceless tip:
How many times have you had that one perfectly coordinated piece of paper only to miss cut it and render it useless because of all of the tiny little lines on your straight cutter? It used to happen to me pretty often. Those darned rule lines can be hard to see sometimes. I find myself using a pretty standard set of measurements for most of my cards, so I came up with a simple solution. I marked the cut sizes I use most often along the forward edge of my alignment ruler. Now instead of trying to find 5 3/4” I just look for the red B, 5 3/8” red C, 2 13/16” black B and so on. Don’t want to mark on your cutter? Lay a piece of tape down first!

A simple solution for a very frustrating problem.
If this tip helps you…please post a comment!
Thanks!
True 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

That is a very clever trick. I usually trace my templates and then cut it out.. very time consuming. I will try to do it this way. Thanks :)

Sue McMahon said...

Hey True! Appreciate every tip I can get! Saves a lot of frustration that way!