Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Monday, June 29, 2009

"The Next Level" and "Fred She Said" DT Mermaid Emma Card + a Few Other Challenges!



Hello and thanks for stopping by!
Today marks issue #5 over @ “The Next Level”. My how time flies when you are having fun! I am already more then half through my DT stint with them. I think I am going to cry!

This week’s challenge is another fabulous sketch.



I did take some artistic liberties with it because of my image of choice. I wanted to use this adorable “Fred She Said” “Mermaid Emma” and she was too large for this sketch unless I cut her out. A rectangle would have covered the whole shell. I turned the circle into a sea shell. The flower is a crab and the button a half pearl. I also reversed the way the way the circle goes through the rectangle. (That was an accident! I guess I am a little DSILXIC hehehe!
The designer papers are “Basic Grey” and the colored cardstock is “Stampin’ Up”. The photos don’t always pick it up well but, I used lots of “Shimmerz” and “Stickles” on this card. It is very sparkly! The crab, fish, seaweed and small clam shell are just some of images that come with “Mermaid Emma”. I hand cut the large clam shell then embossed and shimmered it.
****REMEMBER TO CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE FOR CLOSER DETAIL***







Please go check out the other “The Next Level” DT’s cards, get inspired, break out some pretty papers, and join us in this week’s challenge!

I am also entering this card in a few other challenges. They are:
Coulour Create...use pistachio green, aqua, and powder pink.
Stamp Something...Embellished Something-use at least 3 embellishments. I used a pearl and 2 kinds of ribbon. The sentamint was stamped.
Charisma Cardz...Rubbernecker....anything goes...anything of your choice (easy one! ;)
Digatal Tuesday...use scraps of paper and a digi image. The mermaid, crab, fish, and seaweed are digis and I used scraps from another card I made.


Wait!!!!! Before you go…you almost forgot to take a second to let me know what you think about my card. ;)
You could win the sweet “Fred She Said” digi stamp set that I used on this card. Compliments of Tracey-Lynn Miller from "Fred She Said".






All you have to do is comment under this blog post and I will pick a winner on Sunday, July 5th from all of the comments!
Thanks!!!!

41 comments:

Murielle said...

WOW....Wonderful and stunning card, true!!!!
Lovely stamps!!!!!
I love, love your work so perfectly.
Hugs, Mumur

Anonymous said...

Wow True one of my favorite of all your beauitful creations! The mermaid is absolutely adorable!

Abby:)

Leslie said...

wow, great card. love all the detail.

Sue said...

Wow True, I wanted to comment anyway, the digi set is a bonus!! this card is absolutely beautiful, what an amazing creation, I love everything about it, love the shell, love the mermaid, and I just adore that crab!!! you have done an amazing job working with the sketch and the colours are fab too!!Happy Crafting Sue xx

Unknown said...

WOW! Your cards never cease to amaze me, your design is amazing, I love this cards to bit and what a fab image. Would love to win this gorgeous set too.

Thanks

Jan x

~JulieH~ said...

Oh I love this card beautiful colours and that mermaid is adorable! wonderful work!
Juliex

Michelle Pearson said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS! I love all of your details, your interpretation of the sketch, your coloring, the shimmer...the stitching....I LOVE IT!!! :)

Andrea said...

What a gorgeous card! I immediately fell in love with the mermaid image! And I love everything else about your card - so well put together!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I really love all the details you put into this card from the Shimmerz and stickles to the beautiful stitching and embossing. Thank you so much for posting your card including the close ups.

The Paper Artist's Boutique said...

Another great card!! I don't get to make many so it is a real treat to check yours out. Sherry

Dianne said...

True, this card is absolutely stunning. I love the colors. If I would have left a comment (even without the prize).

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

OMB True. This card fabulous!!!! I think it is my all-time favorite of your cards! I love the way you used the shell for the circle and the colors and shimmer are beautiful. I love the cute mermaid image. Your wonderful work is really selling me on these Fred She Said digis.

Dizzie Noodle said...

Oh I love your work! I just sent you an email back, I did get your address and am hoping to get this in the email tomorrow! Congratulations again! I can't wait to see what you do with all of the goodies!

:) Michelle

Fern said...

Hi True,
Gorgeous card... really lovely colours and a fab image too.

Fern xx

My Serendipity said...

I absolutely love these! I am crossing my fingers!! :)

Calandra said...

AWWWW... I love this little Mermaid she is so adorable. Great job with your choice of colors True. Your work is amazing like always!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous True!!!
I love how you used the shell and that little pearl! A fabulous card!
Hope your week is starting off great!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Hey True :)

Boy you just keep whipping out these beauties! I see you used your "favorite" green and orange combination again and I just LOVE the PEARL painting on this one!

DARN! now I think I "gotta" have some of those FRED SHE SAID images!

Jennifer Stutzman said...

Seriously??? This is just amazing. I love the shell in the back ground. The coloring and shine on this girl is amazing! I think its the best card you've ever made! I'm not just saying that cause of the contest either... My jaw hit the floor when I saw it. You should really consider submitting this to some of the card magazines that are out there. This is one of those cards that makes you go WOW!

Vanessa Middleton said...

OMG, this just couldn't be any darn cuter!!! I love how you've colored the little mermaid and all the sparkle you gave her. I also LOVE the pearl the crab's holding. The colors are AWESOME. This must've taken you forever!

CraftyC said...

Wow True, what an amazing card. I love what you have done with the images and I think the scales on the mermaid look great. Great digi's!
Clairex

Cathy Spicer said...

WAHOO for a totally fabulous card! I'm still new to digi and appreciate your hard work. The layers are scrumptious and the inside is as pretty as the front!

Ann said...

True, this is such a fantastic card I absolutely love it - the detail and embellishments are just amazing, and your stitching, well its to die for. I really took notice of your excellent tutorial this week when I made my card and even tried zig-zag stitching - a first!!! Great inspirational creations True - Love them All - Ann xxx

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

magnificent card! I love how it shimmers and shines. You're so creative!

scrapperjulia said...

I came over to see the details of this card! It is so beautiful! Love the colors, how you colored the image, the crab holding a pearl...Awesome card!

Lesley said...

All that shimmer is glorious - I'd really like to know where she gets her highlights done :) Fab card and fab set of images!

Paula said...

Such a stunning and lovely card with such detail. You do such wonderful work.
Paula

Unknown said...

Love the eatails, True! As always, beautiful creation! Always so inspirating!!

csroyal said...

True, this card is absolutely fantastic!!

Emma said...

Wow such a gorgeous card... stunning!!
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Desire Fourie said...

True this is stunningly beautiful. Love all the stitching and the way that the mermaid is swimming out of the shell. The inside is just as beautiful. Hugs from Desire

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card True. Love the cute image and the beautiful colouring. Love all the details and papers also. Hugs Michele x

Sally said...

Exquisite card. Your coloring is beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.

Lisa said...

super sweet card true, I love it

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great idea of turning the circle into a shell! I wouldn't have thought of that! Good luck to you on getting onto the team.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow True totalt stunning card out standing as always and such fabulous detail xxxx
huge thanks for all your hard work
hugs Dawnxxxx

Jeanette said...

It's so pretty! It's perfect in every way!

Wendy Hall said...

Great card True and thanks for offering this fabby prize!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Another fantastic creation True! Love the image and the beautiful papers. Well done on all the challenges too. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, this is the first time I have visited your blog and your creations are awesome. This card really stood out over on the Next level blog. I adore the image and your beautiful colouring, your really bought her to life. Hugs, Nikki x

Erin... said...

Beautiful True! Wonderful sorft colors adn love the embellies! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something!!!