Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My "Ultimate Card Showdown" Entry

Hello!
I created today’s card for the 1st annual “2 Shetches 4 You” Ultimate Card Showdown that Kazan and Laura are putting on. It was based off of a sketch by Laura.

It is a very exciting “judged challenge”…my favorite kind!
There will be weekly eliminations of sorts, until it gets down to the winners.
This is going to be so exciting to watch!
They will be giving away some really awesome prizes too!





For this card I used a “The Greeting Farm” image that I water colored then detailed out with “Crystal Effects” and 7 colors of “Stickles”. The image is popped several times for a 3D effect. The sky has "chalked in" billowy clouds.
The papers are DCWV “Pocket Full of Posies” and “core’dinations”.
There is lots of stitching in 3 different colors and I added sparkle around the outer boarder. I then finished it off with some pretty flowers, and gem stones.




Please let me know what you think.
Remember…you can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them.
Thanks for coming by.
Wish me luck!! ;)

29 comments:

kuya said...

God! How long have you been working on this? This is so unbelievable amazing...
I have to get back to discovering all those amzing little details ;o)

Crystal said...

So pretty and adorable...love those colors together and that fabulous image!!! Great layers and added bling!

Amy C said...

So cute!! I love the dimension on the unicorn. Great job!!

Nancy said...

This is absolutely adorable:O) Lovely papers, stunning image! Beautiful on the inside too:O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Saskia said...

So beautiful and lovely! Good luck!

Saskia :)

Jingle said...

This is so cute! I love the sparkle! It finished it off perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, and your enture blog is awesome!...HUGS...SK :)

Ellibelle said...

This is just beautiful. I love that image, and I love all the layers you added.The little holes are such a nice accent too. And your coloring is amazing. Also love the sparkles on the unicorn.

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the detail:)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Wendy Hall said...

Beeeeeeautiful, wishing you all the luck in the challenge!!

anja curvers said...

This is stunning, great work.

PinksyDoodles said...

Awesome! Every single bit is just perfect. I love to see your cards. Best of luck in the challenge.
Clare x

Elaine said...

I love this image, and your card is GORGEOUS! Fantastic work True, as always!

Lilacanglia said...

Stunning!!!
Adorable, super colours inside and out
Hugs
Angie

may-chu said...

wow, I love this stamp! and the colors of the card and everything is just too cute!
you did a great job!

good luck! crossing my fingers for you!

Tonje said...

Ohhhh... very nice card. That little unicorn is sooo cute. You must've spent hours making this card....

Leslie said...

Beautiful as always! Great stamped image!

Wiccababe said...

absolutely stunning card True - the image is gorgeous, and the bright papers are just fab
xx

The Crafty Den said...

Wow Trudy what an amazing card. The image is super cute and the stickles looks amazing. Good luck with the challenge, you definitely deserve to win. Hugs, Denise x

cnelson said...

such a pretty card!

Shawne said...

Oh wow True, you should do great with this challenge, it sounds like a lot of fun, well, this card is fabulous from the layers and coloring to embellishments!

Kelly Mahany said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my card... but I think more appropriately I need to worry about YOU as MY competition! LOL!

I love everything about your card... the layered image... the stitching... the glitter!!

Love it all! Good Luck!!

Maria Matter said...

This is so pretty True! I love all the sparkles and stitching! The papers are yummy too! Great job!!!! Best Wishes for this contest!!!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi True, good luck with the challenge! Your talent is sure to keep you in the running til the very end!

Anonymous said...

Another magically gorgeous card hun!! I love your special touches!! ;)

Tracey said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! You should definitely make the top 30 Trudy. I love looking at your work as it is so GORGEOUS!!!
Hugs

Gry-Heidi said...

Stunning card! The image and papers are great! Good luck :)

Hugs, Gry-Heidi :)

Unknown said...

Well.....I didn't make the cut. :(
Thanks to all of my well wishers any way.
You all ROCK!!!!

Christine Rojas-Laviña said...

I love the horse! So cuuuuuute! :)