Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, June 12, 2009

Whimsy Lion DT and 2 Challenges Card






Hello and thanks for checking out my latest card!

Denise, @ “Whimsy” sent me the newly released animals and this adorable lion is one of them. He has been water colored then detailed with colored pencil. That is my tip for creating that wild orange mane. I popped him in a couple of places to give him a 3D look. The papers are “Basic Grey” and “Papertrey”. I found this really cute leopard ribbon that I think works well with this guy.
The outside sentiment says “You’re Grrrrreat!” and the inside says “And I’m Not Lion!”

I am entering this card in two different challenges.
The first is "Cuttlebug Challenge" where they want you to do a card with your favorite movie as the inspiration. While “Twilight” is my "IT" move right now, my life long favorite movie is ‘The Wizard of OZ” This lion reminds me of a modern version of The Cowardly Lion.
I also used my Cuttlebug and "Dots and Spots" embossing folder to emboss the circles and dots on the frames for the lion and the sentiments.
The second challenge is over at “Creative Card Corner” where they are asking that we use a “geometric pattern”. This card has circles everywhere!

I truly appreciate you all dropping by! If you have a second or two, I would love it if you would leave a comment. They make my day!
Hugs!

17 comments:

Anne said...

oh he's adorable!!
A great card, good luck in the challenges

Shauna K said...

hehe i love the lion and the sentiment :D cute cute. and so perfect for Wizard of Oz!!

Deborah Young said...

Super cute! I love, love, LOVE his mane!!!!

Dianne said...

OMG True, this card is sooo cute!! I love the papers and the way you popped him up.

Jeanette said...

This card is so cute! Love the lions mane! Great job...

Elaine said...

Fantastic, True! Love it, and the papers are a perfect choice!

Nunt said...

He is such a gorgeous lion indeed :) Great job you did in coloring!

xx,
nunt

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a cute card. You did a super job coloring him. Love the colors and the paper you used. Great job on all those challenges!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just AWESOME Trudy! Love the way you've colored and popped up the lion, fabulous and the details and papers work perfectly too. Great sentiment! :)

Fern said...

Fab card True... love the colours and great layout.
Perfect colouring and a lovely iamge.

Fern xx

Joey said...

Hi True, what a fantastic image! your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Joey.x

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Super Cute Lion True!

Tasha said...

Wow True how wonderful is this card? Loving the image he is fab - i have my eye on him he is so cute and i love how you created dimension! The papers are fabulous and the layout is just great! fab colouring too
thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Amber said...

What an amazing card, love the colors and the lion! I did my card based on Twilight:)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hey True, I nominated you for a blog award. Check out this post Friendship Blog Award on my blog. Thanks for your friendship!

Christina said...

Wow, that is truly and awesome card! GREAT job!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Nice Job True! Fabulous coloring and design. Always keeps me on my toes to see what is here xox ~Jeni