Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Sunday, August 2, 2009

My "Dottie's World" Guest DT "Fairy" + Tons of Challenges Card



Hello All!
This month I get to hang out with the awesome girls over @ "Dottie's World"!
I am their August Guest Designer.
This weeks "Black and White" challenge was set by Gunn.

This is what she asks:

"I want you to make a card that goes in black and white. You can use all shades of black and white.
Skin tones are allowed on skin....
Elements are great on cards- charms, flowers or what ever you like. On these elements I want you to have ONE other color, just to make an contrast to the black and white. You don`t need to have this color on all the elements, but one should have the color you choose.

Of course, remember to include Charmed downloads.”



I used "Charmed Cards" "Water Lilly" from their "Pixie Chicks - Collection #1" She is popped from the page in places and sparkled and shined. I used green for my accent colors in the leaves on the bouquet, her eyes, wings, and the flower in her hair.




A friend of mine said I should name my card "Fairies Follies". She is a little on the sexy side. ;)

I used an assortment of papers from Bazzill, DCWV-Glitter Stack, Delish, and the beautiful "Laser Silver Lustre" is from "The Paper Temptress".



I am only showing this card as a sample challenge card for "Dottie's World but....I get to enter it in the following challenges!!!!

Creative Inspirations #14 – “Bling”
I have pearls and beads and glitter and shine and metallic thread and………I GOT BLING! : )

My Time to Craft #71 – “Floral Frenzy”
I used a bouquet of flowers and there is a flower in Lilly’s hair.

Creative Card Crew – “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!”
Lilly looks like she would be fun…don’t ya think? ;)

Stamp Something – “Paper Piece Something”
I paper pieced the frame around Lilly and some of her body parts and wings are pieced.

Daring Card Makers – “Bejeweled Bliss”
I have LOTS of bling and sparkle on this one!

One Stop Craft Challenge #40 – “Swirls and Pearls”
There are swirls in the black DP and pearls in the bouquet.

Paper Play – “Dimension” – make your card 3D
Always do! ; )

Pile it on – “At least 3 flowers” plus other challenges
I used 4 flowers in the bouquet and there is one on her head.
Other challenges? See above! LOL! ;)


Please leave me a comment if you have the time. I so appreciate hearing from you all!
I hope you will hop over to "Dottie's World" and check out my other card they have posted as well as the other DT's awesome cards...after you leave a comment! Hehehee!
Hugs,
True :)

35 comments:

Juls said...

saucy!! love it! very striking colour combo!

Anne said...

wow True a stunning card, I love the hint of green it really brings the card to life.
hugs
Anne x

Adele said...

Oh, beautiful, beautiful work! Love it True! I hope you have great fun with us over at Dottie's World!

Love Dingle.x

Karen Mortensen said...

Welcome to the team True :-)
A truly beautiful card! I love the green touches with the neutrals. Wonderful work. x

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is stunning. I just love those gorgeous fairies and you show them at their very best.
Clare x

Ali Watson said...

Another fabulous creation True.

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful card, the splashes of green really pop on this stunning black/white card

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

STUNNING.......simply another masterpiece. How I love your work. Keep them coming.

Lovely Linda said...

What a gorgeous card True - as always!! I am going to have to go over and check out some of these challenges!! Loving your work - thanks for sharing...and inspiring! God bless you!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A wonderful card True. So elegantly constructed and beautifully finished. Such a cutie of a fairy too.
Thanks for joining both the Creative Card Crew and the One Stop Craft Challenges.
Sharon xx

Erin... said...

Beautiful True!! The black and white is so lovely with the touch of green! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week:)

Sandie said...

Stunning card. I adore that image. Love the card layout and all the detailing.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :)

Cami said...

True, this is an absolutely stunning card! I love the light touches of green on her wings, eyes, and the flower. Your coloring is delightful... just beautiful! Cami

maxine said...

A lovely card, I love the image and great layout.Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations and good luck.

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is fantastic, I love it. The touch of green you have on this one is so clever done, maken the hole card to just pop into your eyes. One has to take several looks at the card so the eyes get satisfied..
Welcome to the team and hope you will have fun with us.
Hugs Gunn :-D

the PaperTemptress said...

WOW, that is gorgeous!! Wow!!! I am truly impressed! How would you like to be a guest designer for PaperTemptress? I would love to have you, please say yes!!!

Patricia
www.papertemptress.com
Check out August's specials and PaperTemptress's blog!
PaperTemptress's Community Blog
Samples always available

"A GIRL CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH PAPER" - Lisa Bearnson (and copic markers)

raindropecho said...

Another incredible creation! I love anything you make :D Can't wait to work with you!
- Ann

LOUISE said...

Awesome card Trudy, love it! Love the sweet Pixie, and the colour combo is great, Loving all the Bling too! Thanks for joining us again on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

Carolyn V said...

How wonderful! Love that image, and the details on this card are amazing!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Beautiful Fairy Card True. Wow and to enter in so many challenges. Awesome!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I loved this as soon as I saw it - love your work so much!!

Tracy said...

Hi True,beautiful card and image and all your details on the card,stunning!
Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations and good luck.
hugs
tracy
xxx

Tasha said...

Wow True this is amazing - you are one super designer - love the colours and layout and its just so beautiful
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Maureen said...

Just gorgeous!! Love the pops of green against the B&W and all the dimension! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Paula said...

Wow this is simply stunning i adore the image and what a fab colour combo. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Desire Fourie said...

Just stunning. Love how the touches of green just brightens the whole creation.
Hugs
Desire

Dianne said...

Your coloring on this image is outstanding. You have a way of bringing these fairies to life. Beautiful card !!

craftypagan said...

Oh my! This is absolutely stunning! I love the colouring and choosing green really makes it pop. That image is beautiful! Hope to see you again next week too:) Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On-Rowena dt member xxx

Julie M said...

Ooh, she's lovely, True. Gorgeous image, colouring, and all the details. Fab card.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Kevin Renz said...

Geesh True... talk about challenge galore! Thanks for playing along with Stamp Something. Super cute card!

Louly said...

Oh True you've made our little Water Lilly look perfect. I'm so glad you're with us for August. This card is just stunning.

Lisa H. said...

your card is sooo pretty! I love the glitter on her wings and the green with the black and white. thanks for playing with Stamp something!

Stacy Morgan said...

Wow... your coloring is fantastic! Beautiful card, fun image.

Vickilyn said...

Very cute - love the sexy pixie!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!!

~Vicki
Owner

raindropecho said...

How beautiful is this! She's just gorgeous, True! Thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Pile It On!