Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quilt Block Cookies and Spiced Orange Sugar Cookie Recipe!


Hi Everyone!

I have been busy making cards for special projects, that I can't share at this time, so I thought I would share something else.
I am also a quilter and...I love to make cookies, and have combined the two loves to make these fun quilt block cookies. I have to admit that it's not my original idea. I first saw something similar on Pinterest from Emily and Amy's Treats.

Mine are 2 1/2" squares, all with different "fabric" designs. 


The hard part was deciding which quilt pattern to photograph them in. 


Here's another.  ;)


I thought I would share a tasty recipe with you as well. I started with this awesome End All For Vanilla Sugar Cookie recipe from Lila Loa, then added a few ingredients for a different flavor. So...here is my twist.

Spiced Orange Sugar Cookies

1 cup salted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange extract
the zest from one orange
3/4 tsp cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 cups flour



 Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla, orange extract, orange zest and cardamom. Mix well. Add baking powder and salt and mix to incorperate.  Add flour 1 cup at a time. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 375 F for 5-6 minutes, or until just barely starting to color on the edges. 
I used Royal frosting to decorate mine, but you can sprinkle with sugar before baking or use  Butter-cream frosting if you would prefer. 

I just had to share this photo with you too. I splurged and bought myself some red enameled stainless steel mixing bowls and this was the first time I used one. The butter looked so cool in it that I had to pop a photo. It's hard to tell where the butter stops and the reflection starts! :)



If you would like a link to a great Royal Frosting recipe and some awesome tutorials, check out this post at The Sweet adventures of Sugarbella.

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Hope your day is a sweet one! :)



2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Very yummy and great to look at as well. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a fab Tuesday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

You always amaze me!! Paper, cooking.. It just doesn't matter what you do.. it always turns out so beautiful!