Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop and My Halloween Cookies


Hi Everyone and welcome to another Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop!



If you are here from the Really Reasonable Ribbons Ramblings blog, you are in the right place.
If you just happened on to my blog, you will want to go back one step to start at the beginning.

Regular followers of my blog,  know that I have started sharing my baked goodies on here as of late too. Why not combine my love of all things sweet and my love of pretty ribbons?

The September Ribbon Club Kit has all of the fun colors that we normally associate with Halloween, (even though, they can be used as every day ribbons as well).
I know it's early, but it put me in the mood for some Halloween cookies. 
We will have to eat these and I will make more for Halloween. 
I used my "Spiced Orange Sugar Cookie" recipe, so they are extra tasty! :)
These would be great for you to make for your special little ghouls and goblins too!

Click on photo for a closer look.

I simply made sugar cookies, using some of Wilton's Halloween Cookie Cutters, frosted them with Royal Frosting, let them dry, then made these fun little gift packages.
The background cardstock is Bazzill Two Scoops in Prickly Pear, Pumpkin Pie, and Black Cow, all from Discount Card Stock. The designer paper is from Graphic 45's "Happy Hauntings" stack.
The pretty bows make the packaging complete! :)

Here is a peek at all of the ribbons in this month's set as well as the frosting colors I mixed to match it. 



Not a member of the ribbon club yet? What are you waiting for? Who wouldn't like to get a surprise package of beautiful ribbons every month? CLICK HERE for details.

I should also mention that Really Reasonable Ribbon is currently in the middle of a design team call! 
We are looking for talented crafters and artists who love using ribbon, work well with deadlines and have great personalities. If you are a card maker, scrapbooker, hair bow maker, paper crafter, ribbon artist, altered artist or if you do anything fun and unique with ribbon please apply.  Our readers are looking for variety, so don't be afraid to show your creative side.
Click here for details.

For my cookie recipe, CLICK HERE.

 Your next stop on the hop is sweet Linda's blog.

I am super excited that one of my very best friends...Lisa Lara is joining us on the hop as a special guest designer this month! Look for her blog along the way and make sure and give her some ♥! :)

Don't forget to leave a comment to increase your chances to win a fun prize from Really Reasonable Ribbon! :)

Thanks so much for hopping by!


28 comments:

Ava Gavloski said...

Trudy, OMG, how creative can you get showcasing RRR. RRR really is lucky to have you on their team. thanks for sharing everything in this post!!! True artist's lady!!!
ava

Judy Rozema said...

You are really one of the most talented and sweet people I have never met! LOL
These cookies are just amazing, girl, and you have made the most delicious little bags to highlight that yummy frosting!! Totally in awe.

TLady said...

Your cookies look WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Our kids would eat them up in a SECOND!!!!!!!!! :) THEY'RE SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I'll bet all the kids in the neighborhood come banging on your door! :)

Rosalee said...

These are so cute True and they look so yummy.
Hugs, Rosalee

Dawnll said...

Yummy! What a great project to share~ can I come over to get one?

Tkat said...

oh these cookies are cute! great project :)

Sue D said...

These are adorable--I have been enjoying your baked creations on your blog.

christi said...

wow, great way to incorporate two of your loves in one package. just wonderful.

Toneisha B. said...

Creative cookie treats! Really adorable!

Unknown said...

Wow, love these! Awesome cookies...I think I want to go trick or treating! Love them!

Gloria Stengel said...

Are we going to lose you to a baking blog? LOL I love these goodies! You are just so talented.

Denise Bryant said...

Wow Trudy... these look fantastic (and yummy!). Packaged beautifully too!
DeniseB

Lisa Lara said...

Holee Smokes True these are fabulous. Love these packaged Gorgeous Holiday cookies. You do amazing work.

K Clark said...

yummy!!! oh those look so good. love the packaging you used and of course the ribbon

Unknown said...

Trudy, you sure are one creative gal, love these cookies and the frosting that you made to match the ribbon. I enjoy all of your creativity.

Tina said...

Gorgeous cookies. Love the packaging and ribbon embellishments.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Nanascreativecorner said...

How sweet!!! Both cookies and project. Thanks for sharing!

krcmasterpiece said...

you know cookies make the ribbon look better ! LOL

Jess said...

cute idea!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Your project is simply stunning! I love to get inspired from such talent! Hope to be working with you soon! Better get onto the hop now! tata
Hugs
Tammy Louise
HandmadebyTLC

P.S. visit me anytime at http://handmadebytlc.blogspot.com

Debbie J said...

Lovely bright cookies; great for the kids.

buglvr2010 said...

These look delicious and beautiful!

efj said...

You are so creative!! So Cute!!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!!

Sonia said...

Yummy creations :) Beautiful :)
And wonderful blog hop too:)
Hugs,
Sonia

cherry said...

ok now I have a craving for sugar cookies.....darn it! these are sooo adorable True! cherry

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - a fabulous cookie to eat and then pretty packaging too!So cute.

JennyH said...

What fantastic cookies!! and the packing looks great too : )

marg0006 said...

You're making my mouth water. Your cookies are adorable.

marg0006 at verizon dot net