Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Welcome to the CardMaker Magazine Blog's Graceful Leaves Blog Hop!


Hi everyone! 
I welcome you to my blog, and another CardMaker hop, as enthusiastically as I welcome the first signs of Fall!
It's my very favorite season. I don't know what I love more...the cool crisp air, the sounds and rich aroma of fallen leaves crunching under my feet, or the beautiful foliage as it turns it's many shades of splendor.
I can't share the feel or the smell of Fall with you but I can share some of the colors of God's paintbrush!

The CardMaker girls have all created cards for you today inspired by Fall leaves to herald in the new season.
Here is mine.


Right now, the leaves on our Flaming Maple are just starting to turn from green to a burt orange color and I tried to capture that on my card since we are celebrating the first day of Autumn. In a few weeks, I will be able to break out with vibrant oranges and unbelievably beautiful reds. :)

Here's a shot of the inside.



This was a fun and simple card to create so I thought I would share some of the creative process with you.

First I stamped the beautiful #9902F "Every Leaf Fluttering" sentiment from Inky Antics onto a 5"x3 3/4" piece of Brilliant White cardstock.
Then I took some leaf dies and cut out stencils from scrap cardstock.  I placed the leaf stencils over my card front and spritzed them with assorted colors of mists.



After I have done all of the leaves, I placed a scalloped circle over the sentiment and misted the entire card front with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle mist to give the entire card some shimmer and shine.



The leaves I punched out to make my stencils, were still laying on my table, so I thought I would incorporate them into my card as well. I sprayed them with pretty heavily with mists.



I hate wasting all of the mist that is left laying on my non-stick craft mat, so I took a piece of scrap paper and soaked it all up. There were a few white spots on the paper after I turned it over so I added just a bit more mist to fill in the bare spots.


I let all of the pieces dry, used the color matched paper that I created with the left over mist for the second layer of the card, and the trimmed off scrap pieces to accent the inside. Then I add the leaves that had started out as scrap pieces from my stencil making step with foam dots.

This card really just evolved into what it is by me using what I had on hand. I had originally planned on it being a simple white card with a few misted leaves and a bow when I started out :)



~~UPDATE~~
Once again, I used another byproduct for crafting. I had picked some leaves from our Maple tree for the photo shots of my card. They were very pretty and I hated to waste them, so I used some Mod Podge and a canning jar to create a coordinating Fall candle. :)


CARD RECIPE
#9902F "Every Leaf Fluttering" from Inky Antics
Gold Ore Metallic, Brilliant White, and Midnight Black cardstocks from Discount Card Stock
Gold seam binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon
Provo Craft Cuttlebug 2x2 Fall leaf die set
Ranger Ink: Butterscotch and Meadow Color Wash sprays, and Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist.
Mod Podge

Thanks so much for dropping by!
I hope you take time to enjoy the beauty of the ever changing colors of Fall.
I would love to know what your favorite thing about Fall is!  
Pop it in a comment below before you go. :)


Here are the links to the rest of the CardMaker girls blogs so you can hop by and check out the stunning projects they have prepared for your viewing pleasure.

Anya
Carolyn
Colleen
Glenda
Jennie
Kimberly
Brooke (CardMaker blog)



12 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Great idea to mask the leaves, Tru! Love the touch of sparkle---fantastic card inside and out!

Brooke said...

This is beautiful!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is so beautifully designed. The colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Wednesday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sandy said...

Whoo-eeh, the card is gorgeous! Very rustic with curled edges (just like the fall leaves). Love how it all came together and the matching candle holder....Fabulous!!!!

Colleen Schaan said...

Simply amazing! Thanks for the tutorial on this too... I was wondering how you made the "spritz" leaves on the background. Absolutely beautiful!

Jennie said...

This is gorgeous Trudy and love the techniques you used! The mists give such a unique and pretty speckled design to each leaf. Beautiful!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

the way you made those leaves makes them look real! that is SO cool!!!!!!!!

Glenda J said...

AMAZING!!!! You did an absolutely beautiful job on this! Love everything about it.

craftymom205 said...

Great ideas.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card Trudy!!! Love the leaves on this and all the beautiful fall colors, Im sooo not ready for fall, I do love fall, but summer is my favorite month! I can already tell its here, we are cold in morning and night, and warm during the day, the leaves are changing, anyways hun, i hope you are doing well!!! Congratulations are in order too for you!!!! Hugs
cheryl

Lucy E. said...

Beautiful card!
I love the colors of fall. I just can't get enough!

Unknown said...

All of your cards are beautiful