Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 3 of CDS sneak peeks. "Hearts in Bloom"


Hi again!
Hope you all are enjoying Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peeks as much as I am. The girls always do awesome cards but they have all outdone them selves this time! Having all of these beautiful stamps to play with sure doesn't hurt either!
This beautiful flourished plume is from the wonderfully sweet Laurie Wilson's bloomin' imagination. LOL!
It is called "Plumes and Blooms" and has several pretty images to choose from. It releases Feb. 1st .
I was going to use this set in pastels and add lots of tiny paper flowers but then I thought about Valentine's day and how we all need to make some pretty but simple cards to give. I even slapped my own hand as I started towards the sewing machine with paper in tow. This CAS card only took about 30 minutes to make. You could whip them up even quicker if you do more then one at a time!
The papers are from The Paper Temptress. You know I love their papers!
They are:
Laser Black Glossy Lustre
Blanc Sparkle
Neenah Solar White
Neenah Black

This card fits into this week's "Clearly Inspired Challenge" #6 which is a color challenge to use red, white, black and pink if you want.


I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Lil' Red Wagon - Hearts
Die Cuts R Us - Ribbon
Sweet Stampin' - Scallops
Fussy and Fancy  Friday- Hearts
Stamp Scrap and Doodle Saturdays - Open
Flutter By Wednesday - Use a Butterfly, Fairy, or Angel
It is a tiny little butterfly but he is there on the small heart! ;)


Here is a close up of that awesome Laser Black Glossy Lustre paper.


Please make sure and check out the beautiful cards the other girls have done with this set.

Also, if you go to Lori McCroskey's blog you can see more sets that are being peeked today!

Card Recipe:
CDS STAMPS USED: Plumes and Blooms
CS/PAPERS: The Paper Temptress, Doodlebug Designs (the red velvet)
INK: Staz- Versa Mark
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Wizard, hearts and scalloped heart nesties, Ruby Slippers embossing powder, heat embossing gun, red beaded lace from the fabric dept. @ WalMart, Offray black dot ribbon, Red Glitter heart brads from Hobby Lobby Valentine dept.
TECHNIQUES: dry embossing , wet embossing, stamping

You might also sign up for my $50.00 shopping spree blog candy that is going on now while you are here. Click HERE to go to it.

I hope you will leave a comment if you like my latest piece of heART. Shoot....I would love a comment if you don't!  Your comments are the whole reason I take the time to blog!  ;)

Thanks and hugs your way,
True :)

32 comments:

stampinganja said...

Beautiful card! Love all the papers you have used.
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Christine said...

Wow True, the papers, ribbon, image, hearts.....!

Cassie said...

Ooooh gorgeous, True! Love the sparkle ;D

Andrea Murdock said...

this card is just lovely and I adore the black/white and red colour combo!

Crystal said...

True this is gorgeous, oh my I love all the sparkle, and your ribbon treatment!!! LOVE this color combo!!!! What a fabulous creation!

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous card, True!!! Love that color combo & that you played in the challenge! ;-)

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome Valentine. Creative idea with the flourishes in the hearts, and oh the sparkle is the perfect touch.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Fantastic card Trudy! Love your pretty red trim with that lovely little bow. Glad to have you join in the DCRU fun.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very pretty Tru! I like that color combo and the papers.

:-)

Queen La Rubba said...

Hi True! lov'n your card this week! Very pretty indeed! I just love these hearts! The bkack and read are just super together! Thank you for joining us at "Sweet Stampin" for this weeks challenge! I am really enjoying your art! Please come again!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for a cute valentine and this is sure a cute one. I'm sure you will take away one of those challenge prizes.

McStamper said...

Love the way you used the flourishes on the heart!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love everything about this card True....it is just beautiful!!!! TFS

Hugs,
Terry

Amber said...

Beautiful card Trudy! Love the ribbon and the hearts are darling!
Amber *DCRU DT*

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic!

hugs Susi

FUN WITH ATCS

Jayne Hayward said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love the dp used and the image. Thanks for joining us on Sweet Stampin Challenge.

Jayne xx

Sammye Jo said...

Trudy- I love the embossing! The colors are so classic :)
Thanks for playing with us this week at DCRU!!!

Sammye Jo - DCRU DT
My Blog

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with those great hearts.
Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin!

xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

Oh lovely card, the hearts are gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin

Jan x

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Valentine!! I love this color combo!! Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!
Sheri~DCRU DT

auntbeespickles said...

Hi True, funny when I saw this set I drew a blank. I always just love what you come up with! Now this set is added to my must have list!! Thanks for always inspiring me!!

Cara said...

Gorgeous ribbon!! Great card, thanks for sharing with DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

LORi said...

A beauty!! So happy you shared with DCRU this week!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

K. Joy said...

Wow!! Such a beautiful card! :) Love the embossing.

Denimo said...

Fabulous card True! I love everything about it!
Thanks for joining in our Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge!!
Hugs, Denise

Christine said...

Hi great card love it thanks for joining us at SCSC.

Hugs Christine xx

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful card, love the embossing.

Juanita said...

Gorgeous card, loving the color combo and all those lovely hearts. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Trudy - another gorgeous entry for Stampin B's! Just love everything about this card!! Thanks for playing twice!

Faye said...

The detail on this card is amazing, it's just a lovely, lovely card. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

irinka said...

Wow, my favorite colors. I am afraid to use on cards thinking it will be to dark, but your card is so beautiful and elegant. Love it