Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, January 29, 2010

One of my best cards ever! :) Day 2 of CDS sneaks! Carousel Horse

Remember...you can click on any picture to enlarge!


Hello All!
So glad you dropped in today!
I really want to show this one off! {patting my own back} LOL!
I knew the second that I saw Clear Dollar Stamp's "Enchanting Carousel" set, illustrated by the sweet Shawne Arnold, that I would pair it up with some shimmery pastel papers from "The Paper Temptress"! I had been itching to use those luscious papers that Patricia sent me as part of my design team packet!
This beautiful image screamed soft and pretty so that is what I did. I bet I have about 7 straight hours in this one with the intricate water coloring, cutting, all of the hand-sewn beading around the frame of the image, and the mini flower arrangements.
The names of The Paper Temptress papers I used are:
Crystal Mica/Metallic
Amethyst Mica/Metallic
Rose Quartz Mica/Metallic
Opal Mica/Metallic
Antique Gold Mica/Metallic
Silver Silk Lustre


I mixed my colors for the image to match the paper colors exactly. It was done on that shimmer paper but I still added some  metallic Sakura pen coloring and some Stickles glitter to give it even more sparkle.


I will let you in on a little tip. I stamped the pole on the Stardreams Antique Gold then paper pieced the base, glued it together the put 4 coats of crystal effects over all of it. I then paper pieced the horse over the top of that.  It doesn't show real well in the photo but it made it look very 3 demensional!
The beads around the image were all sewn on by hand. It took some time but I think it really added to the card.


I had to cut the square "Spellbinders Fleur Di Lis" pendant to fit the oval. (tip #2)
The golden corner treatments are one of the accent stamps that come with the set. I used Versa Mark and gold embossing powders, heat embossed then added all of the pretties.

Other DT's that are sneaking some beautiful peeks of this set are:
Tori Wild
Stacy Morgan
Laurie Wilson
Nancy Grant
Also check in on Lori McCroskey's blog for a peek at some other sets that also release Feb. 1st.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
My Time To Craft - "Elegant Rose"
I used roses for embellishments
Creative Card Crew - "Punch It"
I punched the leaves in the floral corners
Creative Inspirations - "Feminine"
No question about that!
Paper Play - "Pink White Green"
One of their DT's also used brown so my purple SHOULD work too! LOL!
Cute Card Thursday - "Bloomin' Gorgeous"
I used flowers embellish ments...besides....don't you think it is gorgeous?
C.R.A.F.T. - "paper Piecing"
The pole was peiced form gold CS
If The Shoe Fits - Inspirational (from a picture on their blog)
My interpretation... My horse is a girl. If she gets hot ...she pants. She is all dressed up. She wears shoes,  and if you ride her too long you might feel like you have had one too many drinks! LOL!
Theme Thursday - Busy!

Card Recipe:
CDS STAMPS USED: Enchanting Carousel
CS/PAPERS: The Paper Temptress
INK: Staz-On Black, Versa Mark
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Wizard, oval and scalloped oval nesties, Spelbinders "Fleur Di Lis" pendant die.
Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll pens, Ranger Stickles in Stardust, Diamond Glaze, sewing machine, thread, Scor-Pal, half pearls, seed beads, beading needle, gold cording, gold embossing powder, heat embossing gun, small leaves punches, pearl stamens, tiny silk roses
COLORING: Prismacolor's watercolor pencils
TECHNIQUES: dry embossing , wet embossing, machine sewing, hand beading, tole', 3D, water coloring

You might also sign up for my $50.00 shopping spree blog candy that is going on now while you are here. Click HERE to go to it.

I hope you will leave a comment if you like my latest piece of heART. Shoot....I would love a comment if you don't!  Your comments are the whole reason I take the time to blog!  ;)

Thanks and hugs your way,
True :)




42 comments:

Christine said...

This is incredible True!

Cassie said...

Holy cow, True, this is just beyond stunning! I'm totally in awe over this one. It's just amazing, and now I feel I NEED this set, haha ;D

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness - that is such a beautiful, beautiful card! It must be for a very special person for you to have spent so much time working on it. The image is gorgeous, and your sewing and beading is so lovely!
Love, Andrea xx

debb said...

True, This is such an amazing and beautiful piece of art! WOW!

Gloria Dojlido said...

You should pat yourself onthe back. This is just EXQUISITE!!!!! What an enchanting, breathtaking creation!

Scrapthat said...

STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! WOWZA!

Debby said...

Oh, this is really pretty, great card.
debby

Michelle Pearson said...

Trudy, I love your card....that is simply gorgeous! I beaded a card this week too...will be posting it in a bit. Just love your beautiful creation!!

csroyal said...

Very cool, True! Very cool!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is beautiful. I love the detail work on your corners, the shimmers you added and just the way you showcased this fabulous carousel horse.

Leah l'Orange said...

OMG.
True, this is AMAZING.
It looks FLAWLESS!!

be VERY proud of this one, girlfriend!

Carol<>< said...

Oh My...this is beautiful!!!
You go right ahead and pat yourself on the back!
Carol<><

Deb said...

all those hours working on this certainly paid off, it is stunning! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs debx

Andrea Murdock said...

one word....WOW...incredible..okay 2 words ;)

Shawne said...

Ahhhh, I just don't get tired of looking at what you did with this set, wow, it takes your breath away, the coloring on the metallic paper is stunning the corner pieces look like they were made to be used just like this, you are amazing, thank you for sharing your time and talent!

Tricia T said...

Oh, yes, it is *definitely* gorgeous!!! TFS!!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

What a fabulously gorgeous card, great colours and bling.

Hugs Ali x

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, so much detail! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Rosie said...

Hi True,

What a fabulously gorgeous card, great colours and bling. I love it.

Have a nice weekend.

Greetings from Germany

Rosie

Janiel/ janny said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for joining us at Creative Inspiration.
hugs, Janiel

Unknown said...

this is GORGEOUS! i love that stamp!you may have talked me into purchasing it lol! and i love ur interpretation of our ad on the Shoe!!! thanks for sharing your amazing card with us and playing along at the Shoe!
tracey

Aunty Sue said...

stunning, thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations.

made by fifi said...

great card - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge x

Chrissie said...

Very pretty True!
Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Magda said...

Beautiful card True!
I love all details.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge.
Magda :)

Suzi Mac said...

This is exquisite, love every detail, one of the nicest cards I've seen in a while. Breathtaking. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Suzi x

stampinganja said...

Absoluteley beautiful! I am amazed by your creativity. I keep looking at the card and see more details!
Wow, it is sure worth all your time and effort, gorgeous card!!!
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, I'm so impressed!

Kevin Renz said...

WOWEEE!!! Super cool True... you amaze!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

Incredible card True- you are amazing and inspiring. I hope to someday create something 1/2 as beautiful. TFS

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, True...this is exquisite!!!! Your stamps, coloring, sewing, corners, details...everything is FABULOUS!!!!

Shirley said...

THis is true ART in it's finest form and what patience.

Unknown said...

Holy mother of goodness True-- This is incredible... I can't beleive the work you put into it!! Totally paid off though-- you might want to frame this one! :)

Eiglas said...

Have to say, this a is True-ly exquisite card! The image is just lovely and the execution perfect.
Thank you so much for leeting us see this and for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Trimgym said...

Fab card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Daniele said...

wow what a fab card love it thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs from Daniele x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our paper piecing challenge with your lovely project.Such a beautiful piece! Cheers Claire x

theneon said...

What's not to like about this fabulous creation? It's bloomin' brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Cuchy said...

wow what a beautiful work.

Unknown said...

WOW - no wonder you think it's one of your best cards, it's an absolute stunner!! Well done on all the challenges too!! Thank you for joining in with us again on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Antonella said...

wow! this is such a pretty carousel horse. you are so talented. hugs, antonella :-)

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow - this is magical! I love all that sparkle - it's stunning! Warmest wishes, Lesley