Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Friday, May 20, 2011

Quick Fix With Copics!!

Hi Everyone!
Today I'm playing along with the girls in the Split Coast Stampers F4A565 "Opposites Attract" challenge and just about goofed!
We were supposed to use opposite colors on the color wheel for our projects. Now....being an artist, I know the color wheel like the back of my hand, so you would think I would have no problem knowing what complimentary colors are. Truly, I do! :)
I sat down, found a pretty orange yellow and was looking for a blue violet paper, but got sidetracked...had a brain fart...or whatever, and picked out a blue paper. I got it totally done, photographed, and almost finalized on SCS when it hit me what I had done.
I just about decided not to post it in the challenge but instead went for my magic Copic markers. Viola!

Here is before...

...and after I colored the blue paper, brads, and grill with Violet. :)
        
  
The image is from the "Father's Day" clear stamp set that I illustrated for Clear Dollar Stamps.

Thanks so much for dropping by!
I would love to know if anyone else has done something similar! :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
True :D


6 comments:

Christine said...

Great save!

Chrissy said...

[Brain fart] Oh! I did laugh..lol..

Great save and a wonderful card. great for the B.B.Q kings...lol

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nati Tristan said...

lol! Wonderful card!

Crystal said...

Super FUN!!!! What a great Dad card!

Karenladd said...

Super cute card, and I love your color save!!! This has happened to me before...got sidetracked and forgot the point of a challenge!

Merry said...

Clever fix....and a wonderful card.